Find Sexy Plus Size Swimwear
Vintage High Waisted Bathing Suit
Why This is My Favourite Swimsuit
On the photo above I am wearing one of my favourites bathing suits. I love its vibrant red color but my favourite feature is its ruching on the front panel as it makes it extremely flattering camouflaging my problem area, the tummy. I also like that it covers and holds my breasts perfecty without any uncomfortable wiring.
You can find it on Amazon (link below) in different colors and sizes ranging from S= US(2-4),M= US(6-8),L= US(10-12),XL= US(14-16),XXL= US(18-20).
My High Waisted Bathing Suit
Tips When Buying Plus Size Swimwear
If chosen correctly, the right swimwear can make anyone look spectacular. There is a wide choice of sexy plus size swimwear which includes slimming swimwear that accentuates, flatter and helps slim the figure for women who are concerned about unpleasant areas.
Tips when buying plus size swimwear
Some tips that help to optically minimize your waistline are:
- Colour striping. Choose swimwear that has colour strips that define the waist.
- Princess seaming, because it defines your shape.
- Wear lighter colours on your upper body and darker colours on the bottom to accentuate your waistline.
- Chose accents that draw the eye up, for example, a nice little bow, a pattern or a deep neckline to draw attention away from ample hips or an undefined waist.
- Look for side shirring and waist inserts to slim down your silhouette.
- If you have an ample bust, go for wide shoulder straps to eliminate digging into your skin. Also, look for cup sizes with built-in elastic to accommodate your breast and support it comfortably.
- If you have an ample back then look for high cut armholes to eliminate bulges popping out on the sides.
- To dissimulate wide hips and stretch marks on your thighs you can go for a swim dress.
- Remember that it is all about accentuating the positive and concealing the negative.
How To Look Awesomely Stunning In Your Plus Size Swimwear
- Keep it simple and stylish. The one piece bathing suit is a must have basic for any wardrobe. Carefully chosen swimwear can minimize, maximize, support, elongate and add curves. The secret is to know your body and to know what you want to show off and what you want to conceal. Once you understand your shape it is easier to choose what models and cuts work best to flatter your figure.
- Choose good quality materials. When you are buying your plus size swimwear, make sure that you go for good quality materials. The material used can make all the difference between good support that slims your silhouette and a frumpy look. Let’s face it unless you wear a size 8 you won’t look good in crochet or a string bikini. A plus size woman needs good support and cannot get away with string models or very thin materials.
There are plenty of sexy swimwear styles to choose from if you are prepared to spend some time studying your shape and selecting the right material and cut for you.
Sexy Plus Size Swimwear on Ebay
eBay can also be an excellent source for finding sexy plus size swimwear. You only need to type in Plus Size Swimwear to come out with a very large selection of swimming suits in plus sizes. You can find new, second hand, designer swimwear and even the most unusual styles, colours and prints you can imagine.
Buying in eBay is very easy. You can select products by size and colour. You can also search by brands in case you are looking for a special brand of plus size swimwear. And if you don’t like waiting for your bid to go through you can always select the buy it Now option so you know straight away how much you will be paying for your swimwear and whether you are going to have it or not.
Fit Expert Suzanne Walker describes the features of the Mirror One Piece Plus Size Swimsuit from SwimsuitsForAll.com
Tankini For Sizes 12 And Up
Tankinis are a good choice for shy girls plus they have the benefit of really holding your body in place. When selecting a tankini go for well-structured, solid-support styles that don't hide your body. You want support NOT hiding. Control panels and built-in bras are also a must for good fitting plus size swimwear.
2pc Plus Size Swimwear from Swimsuits just for us.com
Swimwear Care Instructions
After each use, rinse your swimsuit in cool or lukewarm water to remove residue from salt water or chlorine. I do prefer to hand wash all my swimwear even if it is washing machine safe. To dry, hand wring gently and hang outside in shade, or lay flat on a towel. Never put your swimwear in the dryer, it will ruin the elastic in the fabric and you will get zero support from it. Also avoid drying your swimwear directly under strong sun or any source of heat.
46% of 141 people who read this article are a size 2X and over.
What size are you?
© 2009 Wendy Iturrizaga