- Fashion and Beauty
In the 1970s, women wanted to look naturally beautiful. The skin was kept healthy looking with some light foundation, while the lips were moisturized with lip balm or a shiny lip gloss. Blue eyeshadow was often used to enhance their eyes. Try these tips for a 70's inspired look:
1. Start with a clean face and add a sheer foundation over trouble spots or the entire face.
2. Apply a bronzer one shade darker than your skin lightly to your forehead, nose, and cheeks. Rub in a gel blush (coral or peach) on the apples of your cheeks.
3. Apply a thin line of white or blue eyeliner on your upper eyelid just above your lash line.
4. Spread blue (or brown) eyeshadow over your eyelids from the lashes to the crease.
5. Choose brown, black, or even blue mascara.
6. Swipe a clear or pale-colored lip gloss over your lips.
Bonus: You can also add eye shadow and eyeliner to your bottom lid in order to provide more definition.