Simple Day Smokey Eye Guide!
Introducing the Simple Smokey Eyes!
Welcome back to my hub! I appreciate your readings! Smokey looks have been around for some time now. These not only look good in the evening but are also trending for a simple smoked look during the day. I will give you guys step by step guide to achieve some super simple smokey eyes for both during the day and the evening. Plus, I will be recommending my personal favourite smokey eye pallets for both the day and they can even be used as evening. These will start from drugstore brands. Please continue to read if this interests you! Happy Reading!
Daytime Smokey Eye using Neutral, Brown Shades
Guides to Simple Day Smokey Eye & Winged Eyeliner
- Top 10 Tutorials for Natural Eye Make-Up
The natural look never goes out of style. Great natural look that lasts from day to night is always a good choice for every occasion. If you are still wondering
Daytime Pink Smokey Eye with Black Crease
Step by Step Guide for quick day smokey eye!
Ideas for Day Time Smokey Eyes
Today, smokey eyes are not identified as being only dramatic. They can also be subtle. I would recommend a day smokey eye to those who have enough time in their hands to do it themselves. It is not recommended for someone who is always in a rush in the morning to get things done. Smokey eyes look vibrant when taken the time to blend properly! Some colors to use during the day are medium browns, coral, peaches, pinks and very light mauve's and lavenders. Of course, you can use many other shades in the color wheel, but the colors mentioned really make the eyes "pop" during the day! Please refer to the guide on achieving a light day smokey eye!
Step 1: Moisturize your eyes. You can also use your favorite eye cream to make sure any of the products or even brushes used doesn't irritate the eyes. You will be using this around the eyes in circular motion.
Step 2: Prep your eyes with a concealer. This will help ensure a perfect base. If you have oily lids, then concealing it will eliminate any shine on the eyelids.
Step 3: Prime your eyes with an eye shadow primer. This will help from the eyeshadow from creasing and will give the eyeshadows a long lasting effect.
Step 4: Apply a white base to the eyelids. I find this helpful when you use any eyeshadow that you believe doesn't have the greatest pigmentation. Eye base enhances any shadows and works great as a base for the lids. If you are using high ends shadow palette then you can skip this step!
Step 5: For a day smokey eye you need mainly three colors to work with. The first is the highlight under the brow bone. Use a white (shimmer or matte) highlight color and apply under the brow bone.
Step 6: Apply a medium shade eyeshadow all over your eyelid. Take a look at the palette and examine the colors first. Then choose the medium color and apply with any small shader brush. This color could be the brown, golden, peach, coral, pink etc. This is the color that will mainly "pop" during your day smokey look.
Step 7: Take a color that matches closest to your skin tone, eg, a beige or taupe color and apply on the crease bringing it inward. Use circular and sweeping motions to blend.
Step 8: Blend! Blend! Blend with a small crease brush.
NOTE: If you want to add a little bit of the black on the crease as the last step, then you may do so by creating a "V" on the outer corner of your eyes. Blend all your shades together until you see no harsh lines!
Voila! You have now created a beautiful day smokey eye! Ladies, practice makes perfect! So practice with the same color until you are satisfied with the final results!
Bh Cosmetics Nude Rose & 28 Color Smokey Eyeshadow
Milani Fierce Foil EyeshineClick thumbnail to view full-size
Milani Fierce Foil Eyeshine
NYX Smokey Eye PalletteClick thumbnail to view full-size
NYX Smokey Eye Pallate
Maybelline Eye studio Color PlushClick thumbnail to view full-size
Maybelline Eye studio Color Plush Palettes
Drugstore Palette Recommendations for Smokey Eye
Now that you have mastered the day smokey eye look, I want to recommend some of the most amazing smokey eye palettes that are affordable! You may try some of these, I own almost all of them and they work great. Read below for some smokey palette recommendations in no particular order!
- Bh Cosmetics Nude Rose-12 Color Eyeshadow: The original price of this palette is $20 on bhcosmetics.com, however with on-going discounts you can purchase it for $14.50. Trust me Bh Cosmetics always have some sort of promotions going on, they are super affordable and the quality of their products is awesome! I love having their products in my collection! This palette comes in 12 nude shades. They are from velvet matte, shimmer, and satin finish. You can easily transform from day to a night look! It is paraben free and allergy tested.
- Bh Cosmetics 28 Color Smokey Eyeshadow: The original price of this palette is $19 and with promotion sale you can buy it for approx. $12 on bhcosmetics.com. This palette comes in 28 shades from pinks, purples, silvers and blues. It has a velvet matte finish! This is perfect for the daytime smokey looks. You can use the darkest shade in the crease and blend with a crease brush to make the look really soft. You don't have to always use the black!
- Milani Fierce Foil Shine (Rome): The cost of this palette is $9.99 on milanicosmetics.com. It comes in 4 beautiful shades ranging from light, medium and dark. If you like some shine and sparkle as your daytime look, then you can always refer to this palette. Make sure you use a primer and base to make the blending a bit easier for yourself! This one includes sparkles that may shed!
- NYX Cosmetics-The Smokey Palette: One of the most affordable pallets you will find are by NYX Cosmetics! The cost of this is $7.50 on nyxcosmetics.com. These come in multiple bold shades for the crease, letting you create the perfect smokey night look! It comes with a mixture of both shimmer and matte shades! These shades are super pigmented and blend easily.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Color Plush: These small palettes are super pigmented and highly recommended! They come in 12 different combinations of shades and are available for purchase in pretty much any drugstore. It has silk finish to the eye shadows. Each palette comes in four different shades starting from highlight to the darkest shade for the crease. This is a great product for beginners!
- Hard Candy Top Ten Eyeshadow Pallette in Feeling Blue: As the name says, this palette comes in 10 different eyeshades for a perfect smokey look! The one I choose is in most shades blues! The other shades available are, pinking of you, green with envy, naturally gorgeous, and smoke out. It has glitter, matte and shimmer finish. These are all really pigmented and blend well! Make sure you have the proper brushes for blending!
Hard Candy Top Ten Eyeshadows
Your Next Smokey Palette Purchase!
Which of the above smokey palette would you like to purchase?
Thank You For Reading!
I really hope you guys had fun reading this hub! Practise makes perfect! You don't need to be a professional artist to achieve some easy and quick makeup looks including a smokey eye! Make sure you invest in good brushes! Makeup brushes make a great difference. Everything else is a technique that you get to used when you apply it every day! Stay tuned for the dramatic smokey eye hub which will follow soon!
I appreciate each and everyone who reads these hubs! Thanks for taking the time to come back to my articles! Please follow for continuous makeup related hubs! If you have any ideas, suggestions or comments please leave them below! If you disagree with something, please let me know as well! All comments are welcome!
With this, have an awesome weekend! Be safe!