- Fashion and Beauty»
- Women's Hygiene
Homemade beauty treatments
Get rid of that oily hair with homemade dry shampoo!
Homemade dry shampoo is my best friend and saves me so much money since I can avoid buying it from the store.
For those of you with blonde locks, simply use cornstarch! Put some at the top of your scalp where the oil is and massage until the cornstarch is no longer visible and your hair looks less oily.
Ladies with dark hair, mix 2 TBSP and 1/3 cup of coco powder together and apply like our lighter haired girls.
Acne Facial Mask
Create this simple skin mask with:
- 1 table spoon of honey (for it's antibacterial and antioxidant properties)
- 1 table spoon of baking soda (for its exfoliating properties)
- 2 table spoon of water (purified or distilled)
- 4 to 6 drops of Tea Tree Oil (to lessen inflammation and dry up acne)
Optional: add lemon essence to lessen pigmentation from the acne scars!
- Mix all ingredients in a sanitized bowl.
- Cleans skin with your favorite acne facial wash and toner.
- Apply the mixture with a clean spatula all over your face, avoiding eye are and corners of the lips.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes or until it looks dry.
- Wash mask with tepid or lukewarm water. Use a towelette to easily remove the mask but be very gentle.
Do this 3 times a week, hopefully you will soon see your acne disappear!
Egg Whites and Lemon Juice! It works fabulously to suck up that oil, as well as tighten up your skin and shrink your pores!
- 1 egg white
- few drops of fresh lemon juice
- Take the egg white in a clean bowl. Add lemon juice and lightly whisk. Lemon juice helps reduce the smell of egg.
- Make sure skin in properly cleansed. Rise with warm water to open up the pores.
- Dip your fingers into egg white mixture and gently apply it onto your skin. Apply it all over your face in circular upward motion.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes. It should be dry and hard.
- Wash it off with warm water.
Get rid of your dull hair!
If you have read my post about natural remedies to get rid of colds, you know I believe Apple Cider Vinegar can fix just about anything! Including dull hair!
Don't do this the day before a big event, your hair will still smell like beer and vinegar.
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup beer (a hoppier beer, like an IPA, is ideal)
- Mix it all together and use as the final step AFTER conditioning. Make sure to rinse really good with warm water.
- You can repeat this every 7-10 days if you would like!
Homemade lipgloss, because there is no woman out there who does not like silky smooth lips.
P.S. This would be an AWESOME gift or stocking stuffer :)
- 1 cup Vaseline
- 1 pack koolaid (yes, koolaid, whatever flavor you want!)
- lipstick (if you want colour)
This video describes how to make this lipgloss perfectly!