- Fashion and Beauty»
- Makeup & Cosmetics
Simple winged eyeliner guide!
Simple Winged Eyeliner
Welcome back to my hub! I appreciate you returning here. Today's topic is the very famous winged eyeliner. It's super simple and once practised takes a few seconds to achieve. There are multiple ways to apply for it. If you are a beginner then your best friend will be scotch tape in this process. This makes life super easy! If you need help with getting the perfect winged liner with some of the most amazing products available in the market today, then please continue to read! Happy Reading!
South Asian EyelinersClick thumbnail to view full-size
Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner
Pencil Eyeliner Step by Step Guide for a winged eye!
There is a countless amount of products in the market that you can purchase as your eyeliners for a winged eye. They come in forms of gel, pencil and liquid. They don't have to be the classic black color and can be any colors in the rainbow! I will talk about all of the liners with guidance to achieving the look by each! The more practise you do the better you will get. Never stress or be impatient with this! Many professionals still struggle with this! Let's begin!
Pencil eyeliners have been used since the Ancient times. Pencils are used to contour and define the eyes. Research has proved that eyeliners were applied to protect from the evil eye. Today, a lot of people from South Asia also believe in the same! This is why when there is a newborn in the house, most grandparents advise to put on Kajal or Surma in the waterline of the child to protect them from the evil that may surround them.
One most common type of the eyeliners used by many beauty geeks is the pencil eyeliner! The tips of these are super thin to get the most precision when defining your eyes. Some have smudges on the other end of the pencil to give it a smokey effect. Let's take a look at some of the most popular eyeliners that are being used and that I recommend as well for a clean wing eyeliner!
- Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner: This is my absolute favourite eyeliner for the winged eye! I currently use this every day! The cost is approx $10.99 CAD and can be found at any local drugstore and online. It comes in shades, black, black/brown, brown, and charcoal. This is waterproof and will last long! You won't see any smudging or fade or smear with this liner. Perfect for the eyes!
- Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner: The price of this is approx $8.99 CAD and can be found at any local drugstore and online. If you wait for some sale promotion then you can purchase it for around $6.99 CAD approx. This is another awesome eyeliner for the winged eye. It glides on smoothly and last long. This one is also waterproof. The shades available in these are more than just classic black's and brown's. The other options are espresso, onyx and pewter. It is contact lens safe for sensitive eyes and allergic tested.
- L'Oreal Paris Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner: This is the third awesome drugstore eyeliner I own and I love it! The pigmentation is great, and lasts long, it has a smooth formula, and it has a built-in smudger and sharpener. This one costs around $12.99 CAD and can be bought from any local drugstore and online. The shades available are black, brown and carbon black.
- Nars Kohl liner: This is one of the best high ends eyeliner. The cost of this is $29 CAD approx. You can purchase this at Sephora, Amazon and eBay. This is available in the shade black only. It has a very creamy formula, matte finish, with soft precision. This is perfect for the intense winged eyeliner.
Pencil Eyeliner Recommendations!Click thumbnail to view full-size
4 Steps Visual Guide to Winged EyelinerClick thumbnail to view full-size
Practice your wing with the Pencil Eyeliner!
First Step: Take your pencil and start with small strokes in the middle of the eyelid.
Second Step: Then start to extend your eyeliner towards the end of the lid and stop at the corner.
Third Step: Take a small piece of your scotch tape and make it less sticky. Apply the tape along the bottom lash line making a angled line towards the tail of your eyebrows. Follow the eyeliner along the tape.
Fourth Step: Connect the angled tape line with the upper lash line creating a V shape.
Fifth Step: Fill in the V with the eyeliner and finish the liner with the inner corner of the top eyelid.
6 Steps Guide to the Wing Eyeliner (Another Method)
Wet & Wild Mega Liner Liquid
Two Best High End Eye LinersClick thumbnail to view full-size
Honestly, I am not a big fan of the liquid eyeliners! I like them but not love them! No matter how clean I try to be with these, I end up making somewhat of a mess! This is not to say that the liquid eyeliners don't work. This is a preferred method for some girls who love it and keeping that in mind, there is great product recommendations below!
- Dr.Hauschka Liquid Eyeliner: The cost of this eyeliner is $30 CAD and can be found on well.ca. The tip of this liquid eyeliner is something else. It is super thin to make the most precise wing eyeliner possible. You can't go wrong with this one. The shade available is black. The reason why this eyeliner is expensive is because it is natural. It has ingredients like black tea and neem, rose wax, and jojoba oil.
- Wet & Wild Mega Liner Liquid: This is the cheapest yet the most effective liquid liner you can find in the beauty world. The cost is $3.49 CAD approx and can be found at any local drugstore and online. The shades available are, black sparkle, black, indigo blue, plum and dark brown. The wand of this is pretty thin as well for the nice precision. It can be build to form a nice dramatic eye wing.
- L'Oreal Paris Linear Intense Felt Tip Liquid: I had this liner for a while. It works great. The cost is $10.99 CAD approx and can be bought online or at any drugstore or beauty counter. The shades available are black mica and rock brown. This liner will definitely last you a longer time. This is a good one for beginners!
- Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid Eyeliner: The high-end brand eyeliners usually are waterproof and last all day. The felt tip of this wand is really good. If you want to buy a high-end brand and this is your first liner, try this one. You will like it. The tube will last you a long time. The cost of this is $23 USA on sephora.com. The shade available is in black. This product is fragrance-free and allergy tested.
- Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner: The cost of this liner is $29 on Sephora.com. This liner has glitter in the finish and it comes in a variety of shades. Your shade options are, black, brown, charcoal, white, blue, deep blue, turquoise, orange, green-blue, green, and deep pink. The colors shades are endless. It is a waterproof eyeliner as the name says and will last you 24hrs a day. It has no feathering nor smudges.
L'Oreal Paris Linear Intense Felt Tip Liquid
Simple Winged Eyeliner Tutorial|Gel/Liquid & Felt Tip Pen
Wing Eyeliner Using a Gel Eyeliner
L'Oreal Gel Eyeliner
Gel Eyeliners+Guide to the Wing Eyeliner
Gel eyeliners are my absolute favourite! With the right brush, they make the wing eyeliner look super easy! It is a mess free process and one of the quickest method to apply the wing! Refer to the picture on the right side for a guide to the steps in achieving a wing eyeliner with a gel eyeliner. Below are some great gel eyeliner product recommendations!
- L'Oreal Paris Infallible Lacquer 24H Gel Eyeliner: This is a highly pigmented eyeliner. The cost of this liner is $12.99 CAD approx and can be found online and/or any drugstore. The shades available are blackest black and Dark Slate. This liner glides on smoothly and lasts all day. A must have in your collection!
- e.l.f Studio Cream Eye Liner: The cost of this liner is approx $4.24 CAD and can be found online or retail stores like Giant Tiger in Canada. Two of the shades available are black and coffee. This is smudge proof and water-resistant coverage. It includes the eyeliner brush to make a thin line or build it for a dramatic look.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel: This is another very awesome gel eyeliner in the drugstore. It is highly pigmented and lasts all day. It also includes a fine tip brush which works wonders! The cost of this is $8.99 CAD approx and can be found at any retail stores or online. This liner comes in blackest black, charcoal, eggplant and brown. It is smudge free and waterproof for 24 hrs. It is also safe for contact lens eyes!
- Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner: The cost of this liner is approx $25 USA on Sephora's site. The one shade available is the deep black. This is a high-end gel eyeliner that works great. The formula dries quickly and lasts all day. Awesome product!
- Stila Smudge Pots: This is another costly product however if investing for the first time, it works good and will last you a long time. The cost is approx $26 USA on Sephora and comes in shade jet black. Super easy to apply with a smudge brush or even an angled brush. Must have as well!
Best of High End Gel Eyeliners
Gel Eye Liner e.l.f
Other Ways to Apply a Simple Wing
What is your preferred method for a wing eyeliner?
Thank you for Reading!
This wraps this hub! I appreciate you all reading these articles! I hope you enjoyed it and make it easier for you to make your next eyeliner purchase. Don't be saddened by the fact if you don't get the perfect wing the first time, practise makes perfect. I still practise myself! Enjoy your purchase!
Thank you for your time! I will talk to you all soon! Be Safe!