Skin Care Basics: Proper Ways to Keep Your Skin Younger
Not only the health and fitness, but also the quality of our skin plays a very vital role in our everyday lifestyle and dealings. The more glowing and refreshing our skin is, the more confidence we have so as to face and deal with people from all walks of life.
As skin protects our insides from external environments as well as acting both as a barrier and filter between the external and internal part of our body, therefore proper care of skin is indispensable with a view to maintaining a youthful and healthy appearance.
Achieving a flawless skin is not too much difficult if you just maintain some proven techniques and scheduled tasks.
a) Knowing the skin type: First of all, it is very important to know the type of your skin. The procedure of skin care utterly depends on the type of skin you have: dry, oily, normal, combined, sensitive or sun damaged. Using any product that does not match your skin can result an adverse effect on your skin.
b) Cleansing: A facial cleanser is highly recommended over a normal bar or soap. Soaps are not designed to handle the delicacy of facial skin and the skin usually tends to dry by applying soap, whereas facial cleanser will clean your skin with leaving the necessary oils. If you have oily skin, choose a clear oil free cleanser. Otherwise, creamy cleanser will be perfect for the dry skin. Washing in the morning or before going to bed will do for you. But cleansing too often might stress out your skin. You should not wash your face with hot or cold water which are responsible for broken capillaries. Better use a splash of lukewarm water that will loosen up the clogged pores as well as help eliminate the dirt and excess oils from the skin.
c) Exfoliation: People seem to skip this step from their skin care routine. Just keep maintaining this step at least once a week and you must feel the difference. Exfoliation scrubs work by removing the dead skin cells from the epidermis and thus reveal smoother skin. Several processes are available for exfoliation like microddermabrasion, chemical peels and retinoids. Don’t exfoliate sensitive skin with fruit acid or granules as they generally irritate.
d) Moisturizing: Your skin should be moisturized whether you have oily or dry skin. Pick that one that has SPF, glycerin and vitamin E. For the people who have acne-prone skin, special topical moisturizer is needed to stop the breakouts. Be cautious from over applying moisturizer as it leads to clog the pores.
e) Eye cream: The skin around the eyes is delicate and thin as it contains no fatty tissue. For this reason it is vulnerable to wrinkles. Dermatologists suggest some special eye creams which are formulated to thicken the area. Moreover, these creams protect the eye skin from being dry and irritated in the cold temperature.
f) Sunscreen: You should not expect a radiant skin without applying sunscreen. Sun damage is supposed to be the main cause of wrinkles and fine line, so it is imperative to apply sunscreen before exposing your skin to the sun in any season. To make it more convenient, purchase moisturizers that include UV protection in them.
Tips and warnings
- Get rid of stress from daily life. If needed, make some changes in your lifestyle. Avoid drinking alcohol and give up the habit of smoking.
- Exercise regularly to improve the blood circulation.
- Drink plenty of water which will retain the water content of your body and also help in skin purification.
- Take more fruits and vegetables in the raw form.
- Drink milk and some other foods containing protein and fat.
- Get sufficient sleep which must be ensured for a fresh looking skin.
- Massage your moisturizer on your face using a circular motion. This can also help improve circulation. Moreover, it helps relax your stressed out muscles.
- Try to use natural, botanical-based products like turmeric paste, almond or olive oil which are safe to ensure a healthy skin.
- Avoid scented, colored and dyed cleansers if your skin is sensitive.
- Avoid hot and long showers.