- Fashion and Beauty
Skin Care For You
One of the major concerns of both men and women today is their skin. Everyone tries their hardest to attain perfect skin and as a result, beauty product companies have moved in like sharks and are developing one product after another in an effort to separate people from their money. As a result, the multi-billion dollar beauty and skin care industry has become a very lucrative field of business. It seems like every day, a new super product comes out, and people rush to buy it and try it for themselves. However, getting great skin and keeping your skin looking nice doesn't have to cost a great deal of money. Beautiful skin is a lot more that a few products you rub into your skin or a few skin rituals you follow. Beautiful skin has to come from within too.
You don't have to spend a lot of money getting and maintaining the skin you want. All you need to do is to take care of your skin and it will repay your efforts by glowing and making you look great.
Here are some basic tips that can help you get the skin that you've always wanted.
- Wash your face often, especially in the morning. Lots of dirt and dead skin cells collect on your face overnight. Use products that have as few chemicals as possible and try to stay away from using deodorant soaps, as these types of soaps are made of harsh ingredients that can damage or irritate your skin. You can find hypoallergenic or organic products in most stores. It pays to pay a little more ad use them rather than face washes that contain detergents which are harmful for your skin.
- Get moving! Exercise is great for you, as it promotes circulation within your body. Good circulation helps reduce stress as well as improve your skin tone. If your schedule allows for it, try going to the gym a couple of times each week to do some light activity. If you simply have no time to go to the gym, consider running a lap or two around your neighborhood each morning, as running is one of the best activities that you can engage in. You need to get those muscles moving,that blood flowing and you'll find your skin glows. What more, you'll find that you feel much more cheerful too - that's what exercise does to you.
- Now, your diet. Do you drink enough water? We mean plain water, not liquids. Most people these days tend to avoid water like the plague. Instead, they turn to things like soft drinks and energy drinks. These drinks contain a great deal of sugar, which is very bad for your skin. Studies have proven that sugar is actually one of the leading causes of premature aging. Excessive intake of sugar leads to the formation of AGEs, or advanced glycation end-products. As AGEs build up, they begin to destroy collagen in your skin, which in turn results in the formation of wrinkles. If you want to keep your body clean and clear, you need the cleansing power of water.
- Don’t stay in the sun for too long. Skin has the natural ability to repair itself, but long exposure to sunlight causes the skin to lose that ability. Repeated exposure to the skin also causes what is known as hyperpigmentation, which basically darkens an area of your skin and can lead to more serious skin diseases. Sunlight is great for you because it replenishes the Vitamin D in your body - and that's great for your skin but 20 to 30 minutes in the morning sun is more than enough. Anything more and you could get sunburned and your skin could suffer.
- Don't smoke! If you already do, try to cut back as smoking damages skin cells and causes the body to have less circulation. Someone who smokes generally has thinner skin that someone who doesn't, and as a result, signs of premature aging show up MUCH earlier on a smoker's skin.
- Relax. Stress is one of the leading causes of wrinkles and acne. Try and take a deep breath whenever you're feeling pressure. Figure out what exactly is causing you to stress and address the issue as soon as possible.
Just a bit of regular, daily care from the inside and the outside and you'll find that you get the skin that anyone would love to have.