- Fashion and Beauty»
- Makeup & Cosmetics
Skincare and Make-Up Facts
Skincare facts, using foundations in the long run leads to skin problems, here is some tips to avoid skin problems while using Foundations. Always buy good foundation creams which are not harm to your face.
These are basically to debunk a few myths related to skincare and make-up, and also to let you know of some basic facts, so that any confusion related to make-up ad skin care is shooed away from our lives.
Applying foundation everyday leads to skin problems in the long run!
Fact: No, it does not, till the time you are using a foundation meant for your skin type, and are maintaining hygiene when using make-up, it will not cause any problems in the long run.
What should we do?
- Use foundations which are specifically meant for your skin type. Most skin problems (because of make-up) arise when we are using the wrong products, which ultimately lead to skin irritation and clogged pores.
- Oily skin- oil free, mattifying foundation
- Dry skin: moisturising foundation
- Problem skin/ sensitive skin: Mineral foundation
Use clean brushes for applying foundation Keep your brushes clean between-applications. Foundations are mostly cream/ liquid preparations, and any left-overs on brushes are potential breeding ground for bacteria, which may lead to rashes, acne, etc.
- Wipe off excess product on a brush onto a tissue paper after each application.
- Wash your make-up brushes atleast every week to keep them free from bacteria.
If you blend in your foundation with your fingertips, make sure you sanitize your hand before touching your face If you have accidentally dispensed more product than required, avoid putting the left-over back into the packaging. Always remember to remove all make-up and follow the CTM (cleansing-toning-moistening) routine, as per your skin type, before hitting the bed!
Following the above tips will help you enjoy applying foundation everyday, without any stress.