Start Exercising If You Want Beautiful Skin!
If you want beautiful skin then get off of the couch and exercise! Hitting the gym three to four times per week is, believe it or not, beneficial to your skin! Not only is exercise good for your body, it is good for your mind as well! Exercise builds confidence and though It may be a pain in the you-know-what, once you incorporate an exercise program into your life (and stick to it) you will be amazed (not to mention thrilled) with the results!
People who do not exercise on a regular basis tend to have skin that ages faster than those individuals who do exercise. They also have a slower cell turnover rate and can develop challenging skin conditions such as acne (among others!). So how does exercise actually benefit your skin? I'm glad you asked!
- Increase cell turnover rate (no matter how old you are). Cell turnover is very important when it comes to your skin!
- Most people sweat when they exercise. Sweat is the body's way of removing cellular waste…which by the way, is GREAT for your skin.
- Exercise improves the over-all look of your skin and its coloring.
- When you exercise, you are increasing muscle tone (hopefully!). Improved muscle tone is very beneficial to your skin (less sagging and drooping!).
- Exercise promotes increase oxygenation to the skin (which in turn helps to promote cell turnover).
- Your skin is less congested which means you have less of a chance of developing out-breaks and other skin related problems.
So, have I convinced you to begin an exercise program yet? I hope so! There is no time like the present! Exercise doesn't have to be boring nor does it have to be difficult! Simply walking around the block (at a relatively fast pace) counts as exercise! Sorry, bowling, boating and golf don't count (unless, of course, you forego the golf cart and walk the entire eighteen holes!). The best time to exercise is in the morning. For many of you that may mean getting up an hour early in order to hit the gym, however, once it becomes routine and you actually see and feel results you won't want to quit! No matter when you decide to exercise is up to you. Pick days and times that work best with your schedule. If possible, find an exercise buddy that will work-out with you. Remember to keep your exercise program interesting so that you don't get bored and give up. The three basics you need to include in your exercise routine include cardio, strength training and stretching. Incorporating three to four twenty minute exercise sessions into your week will have you feeling and looking great!
Though exercise isn't always fun, it is important and very beneficial to your skin. No matter what age you may be, beautiful skin is possible! All you have to do is exercise, eat well and get plenty of sleep. Now get off that couch and take a walk!