- Fashion and Beauty»
- Women's Fashion & Clothing Styles
Stay stylish in a warm parka jacket this winter
When the winter temperatures drop it’s comforting to be able to wrap up in a warm parka. The good ones are not cheap but will last for a long time. Here I will look at top quality parkas which you can wear in the city without looking like you are going on an arctic exhibition.
It is worth researching the materials that are used if you are searching for a parka jacket that will really work against the cold. The top of the range will often include goose down, this is the norm for most brands coming out of Canada, for example Canada Goose or Nobis. Many of the current trends promote the more slim-line look but you will still benefit from the snug ‘mini-duvet’ feeling, such as the popular Canada Goose Kensington jacket.
Woolrich is a British brand which also has stylish parkas with goose down and are suitable if you are looking for less visible branding than the two mentioned above. The Woolrich long arctic parka is worth checking out.
If you are against buying jackets that contain animal materials then I would recommend products which include a material called 'Primaloft'. This is a patented synthetic microfiber that was originally developed for the U.S military in the 1980s with the goal of creating a material that would not lose its insulation when wet. There are several big brands that use this material, such as North Face and Patagonia.
In terms of how to style your parka - colours that will look most flattering are black or navy blue, but a white jacket with a belt will also look gorgeous for a defined waist. Whatever you choose to keep warm this winter make sure that it is made of quality materials and if you are spending money on a more expensive parka - then I would recommend that you read plenty of reviews before you make your choice.
how to accessorise your parka
- chic legs - wear skinny jeans to elongate your legs and (if weather allows) combine with leather ankle boots to add elegance.
- flatter your face - with ear-muffs or a colourful beret/hat
- fancy fingers - go for the thumb gloves look or leather gloves. I have even seen touch-screen friendly gloves so that you can use your smart phone without removing your gloves!
- nipped in - use a belt to excentuate your waist and add a touch of femininity to your look
Stay warm, stylish and comfy this winter!