- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care
Strawberries and Cream Facial Mask Recipe
Strawberries & Cream
Strawberries and Cream ~
The juicy red strawberry is far more beneficial to us than you may think. As a child I have great memories of picking strawberries with my grandparents in their garden come the early days of summer. It still remains a favorite fruit of mine to this day.
The sweet, sticky aroma and flavor makes it incredibly popular as an ingredient in skin care, bath products, lip balms, lip gloss and perfumes.
The little strawberry is one of the most effective fruits to use in homemade skin care products and is available throughout the world.
Lets take a look at the benefits to the skin that lie beneath this versatile fruit before moving on to a quick and easy facial mask using only three ingredients.
Antioxidant Rich Strawberries
Skin Benefits ~
Extremely rich in antioxidants, makes it a power house in slowing down the ageing process.
The skin is daily under attack by free radicals (nasty molecules that arise from the environment and from a poor diet) if we are not consuming enough foods high in antioxidants.
This in turn may lead to skin problems so by introducing the antioxidant rich foods into our diet and onto our skin will make for a healthier body inside and out.
The next big plus for strawberries is its high level of Vitamin C, commonly found in skin care products. Vitamin C is important in producing collagen, treating acne, diminishing fine lines and wrinkles and treating blemishes.
Along with Vitamin C, strawberries contain Vitamins A, E, B6 and B12, Minerals and nearly every nutrient possible, hence why it is classed as a superfood.
Fruit of Love
- Top 5 Ingredients to Avoid in Skin Care Products - Good Works Wellness
Provides information on ingredients to avoid in body care/skin care products & shares specifics on dangerous effects these ingredients have.
Chemical Free Skin Care ~
Strawberries and cream make an effective facial mask recipe which restores a natural glow to the skin leaving it soft, renewed, hydrated and the pores deep cleansed.
Homemade face masks may seem like too much hard work but they take virtually no time
.By making your own facial products, you are eliminating harmful chemicals and toxins that are regularly used in cosmetic and beauty products.
Being able to use your own fresh fruit, vegetables, herbs or even nuts has become increasingly popular as more alarming information becomes widely documented on the use and effects of commercially used ingredients.
The scary fact is that there are many ingredients that are banned or restricted in Europe and Canada for example but have been passed for use in America without any restrictions. The importance of this is that the skin acts like a sponge and will absorb anything put on it.
Grow your own strawberries
Benefits of Strawberries ~
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Eliminates Free Radicals
- Reduces Under Eye Puffiness
- Rich in Vitamin C
- Natural Skin Exfoliant
- Repairs Damaged Tissues
- Promotes Collagen
- Improves Skin Elasticity
- Whitens Skin
- Lightens Freckles and Age-Spots
- Hair Conditioner
- Soothes Sunburn
Whip it up with Natashalh
- Whipped Cream Recipe | How to Make your own Whipped Cream at Home
It's strawberry season and everyone knows how tasty they are with whipped cream! Make the most of the season's bounty with fresh, homemade whipped cream that does not deflate and keeps for days.
The Star of The Show
Strawberry, Yogurt, Oatmeal & Honey Mask
Would you use strawberries in this way?
Bill’s Strawberries and Cream Face mask ~
This gentle but indulgent mask is suited for a dry skin but may be adapted by switching the cream with natural yogurt for Oily complexions.
The strawberries provide a mild exfoliation, removing all the dead skin cells, dirt and grime by deep cleansing the pores. This leaves the skin renewed, improves circulation, evens out the skin tone and texture leaving the skin soft supple and radiant.
The cream is a natural skin softener and adds moisture to a dry or dehydrated skin.
Honey is a known Humectant which locks in moisture to the skin keeping it nourished, smooth and rejuvenates a tired skin.
5 Fresh Strawberries
½ tbsp Heavy Cream (Double Cream)
2 tsp Honey
Face Mask Brush (optional)
Face Cloth or Face Sponge (optional)
- Mash the strawberries in the bowl until smooth and add the cream and honey.
- Mix the ingredients together to an even consistency.
- Apply to a cleansed face with either a sterile facial mask brush or your clean fingers.
- Apply from the neck upwards onto the chin and face. Avoid the eye area completely.
- Relax and chill for 15 minutes. Pop a few cucumber slices on the eyes which will soothe and hydrate the delicate eye area and reduces any puffiness, particularly under the eyes.
- To remove, rinse off with tepid water using your fingertips, warm face cloth or damp facial sponge.
- Do a final splash with cold water to tighten up the pores and pat the skin dry.
- Follow by applying your skin toner and/or your regular moisturizer.
6 more strawberry beauty recipes from Suzie HQ
- How to Make Strawberry Scented Beauty and Cosmetic P...
Strawberries pack a powerful punch when it comes to health and beauty benefits. Strawberry scented Beauty and Cosmetic products are easily made at home, very quick to make and are chemical free. Read on for recipes and useful information.
Punets of Strawberries at Market
- If possible use organic strawberries and ingredients.
- Always give the berries a light wash and pat dry.
- All readers with sensitive skin should do a small patch test on the skin first as strawberries contain salicylic acid, a natural fruit acid which may be too abrasive. Any skin care recipes with citrus fruit in particular should be tested first as they may prove too harsh for sensitive skin.
- Avoid using strawberries if you have sunburn it will only aggravate the skin.
- Do not use if you have an allergy to strawberries without first consulting your doctor.
- For sensitive skin or anyone allergic to strawberries, replace them with raspberries which are less likely to cause a skin irritation.
- A facial mask brush is worth buying and great for applying all types of masks, particularly smooth or thin consistency facial masks.
- No cucumber? Soak 2 pieces of cotton wool pads in rosewater, lavender water or cold chamomile tea, lightly press out excess and cover the eyes with it. They are soothing and hydrating to the eye area.
- Treat yourself afterwards by making a bowl of strawberries and cream with a drizzle of honey to eat! No point excess ingredients going to waste, right?!!
Natural Skin Care Solutions
More Beauty Tips & Recipes
- Cocoa Butter and Jojoba Skin Products
In need of a good moistruizing skin product which will leave your skin soft, supple and smooth? Cocoa Butter and Jojoba Oil are the perfect skin combination you can use at home in your own homemade body butter. Read on for information on the benefits
- Great Home Spa Treatments
Making your own home spa treatments is so doable. Using many great ingredients commonly found in the kitchen or in the garden, here are a variety of my homemade spa treatments to treat yourself to.
- How to Correctly Apply a Face Mask
An introduction to the different mask types, how to correctly apply your face mask and how to remove it . This effective and beneficial face treatment should be part of your weekly skin care routine.
- Chocolate Facial Mask Recipe
Chocolate is an ingredient rich in benefits to the skin, contrary to popular belief. Using it in a DIY facial mask leaves the skin soft, supple, toned and much much more so read on to find easy to make chocolate face mask recipes for different skin t
- How to Use Honey in Bath and Spa Treatments
Honey, the nectar of the gods, is a food that is ideal for your bath and spa DIY treatments. Beneficial from top to toe, honey is a natural skin softener that is suitable for all skin types. You can still have your facials, waxes, body treatments and
Author Info ~
Information on the author, her bio and full body of works available @Suzie HQ
Credit to homesteadbound ~
All dividers used in this hub are used with permission granted on hub, Creating Dividers to Use on Your Hubs