Bob Hairstyles - Short To Medium Length
- The classic bob is a hairstyle that never goes out of fashion.It is suitable for most hair types and with today's modern hair straighteners even those of you with wavy hair can achieve that sleek classic bob.
- Of course you don't have to straighten your hair if you have wavy hair, natural waves can look very sexy and alluring with that tousled just got out of bed look.
- For something a bit different why not try the inverted bob sometimes called the graduated bob, although this is probably best suited to naturally straight hair as the back could be a bit difficult to straighten yourself.
Styling Your Bob Haircut
Learning how to style your hair may take a bit of practice to begin with but you will soon discover what works best for your hair.Check out the video below for some styling tips.
Hair Tutorial: Quick and Easy Hairstyles for Short Hair (Bob)
The Inverted Bob
Inverted bob haircuts are asymmetric hair cuts where the hair is cut shorter at the back than the front. It's the reverse of the classic bob haircut,it is very chic and easy to look after and style.To give you a better idea of how the inverted bob works see the video below.
Inverted Bob Hairstyles For Short Hair
- A simple bob is the easiest hairstyle to manage with or without bangs.
- If your hair is wavy you can use straighteners to achieve the smooth sleek look.
- Have it trimmed regularly to keep it's sleek polished style.
- If your hair is dead straight use some large hair rollers to achieve the wavy look,this gives it a more casual but still stylish look.
- There are some very easy ones to use these days usually made of soft foam which are kind to your hair.
- Alternatively scrunch it up between your fingers when you blow dry it,if your hair is very straight you may have to use some product to keep the curls.
If you want to let it dry naturally it works just as well just add some serum or hair smoothing lotion to stop any unsightly frizz.
- For those of you with natural waves this is an ideal cut for you. Add some layers and let it dry naturally,so simple and better for your hair too.
- If you have naturally straight hair then use a diffuser and scrunch dry for the same effect.Or if you are good with curling tongs or have a friend who is then check out the video below.
How to Create a Short Wavy Bob
If you want more body in your hair use a diffuser when you dry it. Adding layers to your hair will also help to give it volume especially for fine hair.
If you don't want full bangs which doesn't always work with wavy hair the go for side-swept bangs instead.
- If you have naturally wavy or curly hair then medium length hair is ideally suited to you.
- Have it cut to the length you want, but allow for the fact it will shrink when you let it dry and your natural curls take over, so allow an inch or two longer than the finished style.
- Don't forget to use a serum so you have lots of beautiful curls with no frizz.
- You can have a bob with or without bangs, long, short or medium length.
- In fact, the classic bob is so versatile it's no wonder it is so popular with many people including celebrities.
- Check out all the photos on the right and choose your favourite bob hairstyle.
Which Bob do you prefer?
© 2012 Ann-Christin