- Fashion and Beauty»
- Body Art, Tattoos & Piercing
Tattoos – 10 Facts you don’t know about it
1. First person that was positively identified with a tattoo was found in the Swiss Alps and dated around 5,000 BC (almost seven millenniums ago).
2. Through the history there were cases were people was forcibly tattooed with the purpose of identification. The most notorious example was the identification system for POW (prisoners of war) in Nazi concentration camps during the Holocaust .
3. The record for the longest tattoo session lasted for 43 hr 50 min and was achieved in 2006 by two persons from Australia.
4. The most tattooed person in the world is a sword swallowing Australian who spent more then 1,000 hours having his body tattooed by many artists. Now it looks like this.
5. According to a study conducted in 2006 from people that live in United States approximate 36% with ages between 18-25 and 40% with ages between 26-40 had at least one tattoo.
6. In United States, the most tattoos shops are found in Miami, home of the popular TV show "Miami Ink". There are about 24 shops per 100,000 people.
7. In Japan, government banned tattoos in the 19th century, a prohibition that stood for 70 years before being repealed in 1948, based on the fact that tattoos were particularly associated with organized crime (Yakuza). Although the law isn’t active today, the negative connotation still persisted.
8. Among the principal religions only Christianity adopted a neutral politic about tattoos. In Islamic and Judaism religion tattoos are forbidden.
9. According to couple of tests a slight interaction between magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and some metallic pigments used in tattoos could occur, potentially causing distortion in images.
10. Because of risk infection, tattooing is under strict hygiene rules. The needles that perform the skin penetration must be on single use as well as the ink and the tattoo artist must wear gloves each time. Among the most severe infections that can be transmitted there are several forms of hepatitis. Although theoretically even HIV can be transmitted in United States were not reported cases of such an infection contracted during a tattoo session.
- The DO NOT list!
- Top 10 richest people on the planet in the year 2011
- Animals - 10 things you don't know about
- Piercings 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Cigarettes 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Vaccines 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Wedding rings - 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Parachutes 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Coins - 10 Facts you don't know about it
- A Portrait of "Generation Next": Summary of Findings - Pew Research Center for the People & the
Polls, public opinion research, national surveys on public attitudes toward press, politics, public policy issues; funded by Pew Charitable Trusts. Pew Research Center tracks trends in values, political and social attitudes.