Ten top sure ways for healthy skin
Proper skin care is necessary for a healthy skin. 'Do I have to spend lots of money to have a healthy skin?' Your question is fair enough. Models, actresses and other high profile personalities spend thousands of dollars on skin care which you and I can never afford. How then to have a good healthy skin, you are worried, aren’t you. Well, don’t worry; there are certain ways to get a healthy skin without having to spend anything.
- Sun can damage your skin as nothing else. You should protect your skin against the sun to avoid premature aging, pigmentation and dark circles. Always wear sunscreen before going out in the blazing sun. You should apply the sun screen at least twenty minutes before going out. Always choose one with SPF 30 which will do fine for you and select the sunscreen which is water proof also.
- Always wash your face as soon as you come home. Then apply aloe Vera gel or a cucumber gel to cool your sun damaged skin. Aloe Vera can cool and nourish your skin in an effective way.
- Hydrate your skin by drinking at least eight glasses of water. Do not go for artificial drinks. Always drink fresh juices, butter milk and coconut water.
- Have a good eight hours of undisturbed sleep. Your body needs rest after the nonstop work it has to perform when you are awake and when you pamper it by sleeping soundly the result is good and glowing skin. When you take care of the inside of your body it definitely reflects on the outside also.
- Try this simple method. Lie on the bed without pillows for your head. Place at least three pillows for your feet and lie down with your feet up. Take a cotton pad dipped in cool cucumber juice and keep it over your closed eyes. Relax for thirty minutes, you will feel the blood rushing to your face and when you get up you will see your face glowing and flushed.
- Exfoliate your face two times a week and remove the dead skin.
- Always apply a good nourishing night cream before going to sleep and it is a sure way to see your skin looking completely ravishing.
- It is not enough if you take care of your external skin and not concentrate on what you eat. It is your diet which will have a healthy effect on your skin. Avoid cakes, red meat, sweets, oily and junk foods. Instead eat lots of vegetables, fruits, lettuce, spinach and also dry nuts like pistachios, almonds, walnuts and black raisins.
- You should also nourish your skin with packs which contain fruits. Papaya, lemon, orange, tomato and almost all the fruits you eat can form the base for natural face pack. Take the juice or pulp of any of the fruit available and mix besan powder to it. Red sandal wood powder or plain sandal wood powder is excellent for your skin and you can add it to this mixture. Blend well and apply it over your face. Wash after twenty minutes and watch your skin glow.
- Clean habits also contribute in having good skin. Avoid smoking and drinking too much of alcohol.
You can never have a glowing skin at the bat of your eyelid. The trick is to start young and maintain it through your old age. My mother has excellent complexion and she is seventy five. Many ask her secret to her beautiful skin and she always says ‘Aloe Vera and all the fruits I eat. I eat lots of fruits and also apply lots of fruit juices in my face’. She is a vociferous supporter of Aloe Vera. What worked for her might as well work for you!
© 2013 mathira