Ten top ways to handle oily skin
Oily skin can make you really stressed as you have to battle with pimples, acne, blackheads and the terrible shine your face always sports. You wash your face and within minutes your face is oily again and you just do not know what to do. Can you free yourself from oily skin? Very difficult, but it can be done.
It is not enough if you apply creams, gels and other beauty products in hope of getting rid of your oily skin. Your regimen starts from within and you should make sure that you eat the proper diet, low in fat and rich in vitamins and minerals to give the necessary nutrients you need.
- Drink plenty of water and keep your skin hydrated. You should completely avoid soft drinks and go in for sugarless fresh juices. Butter milk, coconut water are all good for your health and skin.
- Do not forget to apply sunscreen while going out in the sun. When you have oily skin you should choose sunscreen which is gel based as it is more suitable to you.
- You should always choose face wash which is made uniquely for oily skin. Avoid treating your skin roughly as you will inflame the pimples and acne your face sports.
- Do not go to the beauty parlor for treating your oily skin. They are very rough in handling pimples and acne and the result are more and more pimples. They promise the sky, charge high but do not deliver any goods. If your problems seem too much, go to a dermatologist for advice.
- Face wash with salicylic content is good for oily skin. Aspirin is very good for treating acne. Take five aspirin tablets and soak it in the juice of one lemon. Aspirin dissolves immediately and blend it well before applying it in your face. It is excellent for acne and pimples.
- Milk of magnesia is also good in preventing the oily look from your face. Apply a very thin coat of milk of magnesia and you will see that it has a blotting effect in preventing oiliness oozing into your face.
- Even oily skin needs moisturizing and do not neglect it in your daily battle against oiliness. Fenugreek seeds are excellent to give good nourishment to your oily skin. Soak a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds overnight. Make a smooth paste and add besan powder to it. Apply all over your face and leave for twenty minutes. Wash with warm water.
- Soap nut powder is also excellent for removing oiliness from your face. Add one teaspoon of fenugreek powder, one teaspoon of soap nut powder and juice of one lemon. Blend everything well and apply evenly over your face. Wash after twenty minutes.
- While going out have some blotting sheets and use it to pat over oily patches. This is a temporary way to remove oil from your skin.
- You should bid adieu to cakes, sweets and high fat content foods. Avoid eating out as the food served is very high in oil content and you will definitely get fresh breakouts.
Oily skin can prove to be quiet a handful when there are break outs of pimples, acne and black heads. Who wants their face to be marred by these unwanted elements? You cannot hope to eradicate it without efforts on your part. Eating healthy food, leading a stress free life, being active and using proper use of the natural things available at home can just make you do the trick.
© 2013 mathira