Turquoise Has a Unique Look
Turquoise jewelry can be absolutely stunning. The rich blue-green color, unique natural look, and interesting texture of turquoise is what makes it so appealing to me. When walking through any jewelry section of a department store, the turquoise always succeeds in catching my eye. There are several different styles and sizes of turquoise jewelry, making it easy to match to various clothing styles. In addition, it is affordable when compared to other types of natural stones.
Turquoise can be affordable at stores such as Ross and T.J. Max. It can also be very expensive at department stores and jewelers. Whatever your preference, there are many choices when it comes to buying turquoise jewelry.
History and Beliefs About Turquoise
According to the International Colored Gemstone Association, "The color of the turquoise makes us feel happy and cheerful, for in it the light blue of the sky and the stimulating green of the sea are combined." And I guess that is why I am so fond of it as well, loving the endless sky and the powerful ocean.
Wikipedia states that, "In many cultures of the Old and New Worlds, this gemstone has been esteemed for thousands of years as a holy stone, a bringer of good fortune or a talisman." From Ancient Egypt to the Persian Empire, evidence of these stones are found in extravagant furniture and jewelry.
Indians.org has this to say about turquoise: "Legend has it that the Native American Indians danced and rejoiced when the rains came. Their tears of joy mixed with the rain and seeped into Mother Earth to become SkyStone Turquoise."
- Buy what you love. Turquoise is considered "higher quality", the smoother and less irregularities it has. However, I find the imperfections beautiful, as you can see in the necklace pictured above.
- Turquoise can change colors from sunlight and chemical exposure. I haven't noticed this having occurred with my own jewelry or perhaps I just haven't noticed, but it is good to be aware.
- To clean turquoise, simply wipe with a damp cloth.
- Wear it with everything! I used to think I had to wear it with brown or black clothing, but that's nonsense. It looks great with everything.
Learn More About Turquoise
- Turquoise Talisman, One Of Twelve Stones of Aaron's ...
Turquoise is one of the twelve stones of Aaron's Breastplate from the Bible. Check out the origins of this beautiful stone.
- Women's Turquoise Jewelry and Its History
Turquoise is a blue-green mineral that has been prized by mankind for thousands of years due to its beautiful color. The stones range in hue from pale blue to aqua to almost pure green. They might also contain flecks of pyrite or dark veins of...
- Turquoise - The Healing Gemstone
Turquoise Gemstone is the Birthstone of those born in the month of December. It is a healing stone which can be used to fight Depression. Wearing Turquoise Gemstone Jewelry is said to bring happiness, good fortune and faithfulness in relationships.