Best Lotion for Dry Skin on Face and Body
What is in POND'S dry skin cream?
POND’s dry skin cream is the best lotion for my dry skin. It has been around for more than a hundred years. It contains ingredients that keeps skin silky soft and radiant besides the water and mineral oil, such as:
- Isopropyl palmitate - a palm oil based moisturizer that keep skin hydrated.
- Petrolatum - contains healing properties which help restore damaged skin.
- Glycerol - for improving smoothness of skin.
- Triethanoloamine - a cleaning agent that keep skin clean.
- Disodium Edta - a chelating agent which can detoxify metal agents such as mercury.
My personal experience of using POND’s dry skin cream
I had heard of POND’s skin products when I was little from TV advertisement in China. It was relatively expensive compared to the local skin products at that time, so I didn't get to try it. When I immigrated to the US at age of 20, one of my friends said POND’s was for old people because her mom, grandma and aunts were using it. So I took in my friend’s advice and tried on skin products that were more trendy. But after about two years and four different brands of moisturizers, there was no sight of improving my dry skin. Then my landlord suggested that I should give POND’s moisturizer a try. Although my friend’s comment about POND’s was for old people kept swirling in my head, I bought a small jar of POND’s moisturizer for dry skin because it cost less than $4 and I wouldn't have felt waste of money even if it didn't work. Within the first week of using it, I was amazed that the stubborn flaking skin between my eye brows was gone.
The reasons why POND’s dry skin cream is the only lotion I use:
After more than twenty years of using POND’s dry skin cream, I love the result. I also have been using it for my body as well as for my face. POND's dry skin cream also works well on my kids. Although I wouldn’t say POND’s dry skin cream is a perfect lotion, it is the best one for my skin.
- It stands the test of time and delivers its promises of beautiful skin.
- The texture of this lotion is silky and rich, but not greasy.
- It keeps skin moisturized for a long time and makes skin soft and radiant.
- It has a mild clean scent that is almost next to fragrance-free.
- It absorbs well and nicely by skin. It doesn't clog pores.
- It is affordable.
- Makeup goes on smoother when you apply it on your face first.
- You can use it as a concealer by mixing it with your foundation.
- You can use it on your kids.
The drawback of using POND's dry skin cream is that it doesn’t have UV protection. I have to apply sunscreen separately each day which is inconvenience.
Where to buy:
You can buy it at stores like Target, Walgreens and Walmart. You can also purchase it online. Amazon allows you to subscribe this product for cheaper price and with free shipping. It comes in three jars in a pack and automatically ship to your home. Great deal.
How to use POND's dry skin cream
I apply POND's dry skin cream on your face and neck 2-3 times a day and always apply generously around my eyes at night. I also apply this cream on my body once a day right after a shower before I go to sleep.