The Best Overnight Beauty Secrets
- Leave in Conditioner: Before bed put some leave-in conditioner into your hair (make sure you rub it in good!) It soaks into your hair during the night - giving it full moisture and helping it look healthier than ever! If its greasy when you wake up you can wash it out - it wont strip away your overnight conditioning.
- Split Ends: Dealing with split ends? Your not alone! I love this trick i can honestly say it is one of my favorites of all time! Before bed thoroughly rub some vitamin E oil into your split ends to treat them and also treat dryness!
- Argon Oil: Apply Argon oil to your scalp and hair (massage into hair and scalp well). Leave it in all night and shampoo in the morning and your hair will be silky smooth! You only need to do this once a week, too often can cause your hair to be very oily. Warning: You wont be able to resist playing with it!
- Feet: Massage Vaseline or warm olive oil into your feet before bed - Don't forget to put socks on to keep it from rubbing off during the night. This repairs dryness overnight, helping repair cracks in feet and leaving them soft to the touch.
- Cuticles: Rub a small amount of coconut oil on your cuticles and finger nails before bed. You can put gloves on or you don't have too with this trick. The coconut oil hydrates and repairs your dry cuticles. It also helps strengthen nails if you make it a habit!
- Lips: Rub some coconut oil on your lips before bed - Just like with your cuticles, it will help to hydrate those dry or chapped lips! Wake up with beautiful soft lips every day!
- Face: Try 3 tablespoons of glycerin mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey. This simple homemade facial moisturizer can be left on overnight and rinsed off in the morning to leave your skin smooth and gorgeous!
- Hands: First exfoliate your hands (I use sugar mixed with a mild soap). After exfoliating for about 3 minutes rinse and dry your hands. (make sure they are completely dry!) Then apply any moisturizer to your hands, rub in well and use as much as possible without leaving your hands super slick - put on some gloves and go to bed. The moisturizer will soak deep into your hands overnight and you wont be disappointed with the results. ((I disliked this one at first because i had a hard time sleeping with gloves on - but it was totally worth it!))
- General Dry Skin: Use a humidifier while you are sleeping. It puts moisture into the air which essentially moisturizes our dry skin even more.
- Acne: For those stubborn pimples try dabbing some lemon juice on them before bed. Lemon juice is known for drying out and helping with acne! It can also help with acne scarring.
- -After washing your face apply calamine lotion to acne affected areas of your face. Not only does it help fight acne but it also moisturizes and smooths your face without leaving it oily.
- -Tooth paste! Might sound weird but for some people it works. Apply a small amount of a non gel tooth paste to all of your pimples and leave on overnight. Rinse or wash your face in the morning and see if it reduced or got rid of those stubborn pimples. For some people this trick doesn't work and for some it takes a few applications before they see a difference.
- - Egg whites is not only amazing for your skin but it also is great if you suffer from acne. Separate the egg yolk from one egg and apply egg whites to your face with your finger. Don't forget to rinse off in the morning.
- Scars: For acne or any other scars apply a small amount of Aloe Vera to the affected areas. It will not only help sooth your skin (its well-known) and it also helps smooth your skin. For this one you will not see results immediately. Make it a habit every night and you will notice your scars start to fade and get lighter in appearance.
- Stretch Marks: Mix apple cider vinegar in some water and put in a clean spray bottle. Spray mixture on stretch marks and go to bed. Take a shower when you wake up. This will not get rid of stretch marks overnight (Its literally impossible unless you have laser removal) but it will lighten them the more you use it. ((I do not particularly like this one because ACV has a very strong smell and i almost couldn't stand sleeping with it on me all night))
- Vitamin E oil: Vitamin E oil is amazing at leaving your skin with a radiant glow! Apply it every night under your regular night cream for an amazing morning glow everyday!
- Milk: As odd as it sounds it works! Use low fat milk and apply a small amount to your face, massage upwards into skin until absorbed. Wash your face in the morning. I did not think this trick would work but to my surprise it did. Although i had to do it a few nights in a row before i saw a real difference in my skins appearance.
- Almond Oil: Apply almond oil under your eyes before bed - be sure to wash it off in the morning when you wake up. You wont see immediate results with this one either. But make it a habit every night and i guarantee your dark circles will start to fade!
Fighting Dark Circles?
Have you tried Almond Oil?
- Castor Oil: It might sound scary and maybe even a little dangerous but tons of women do it and its not as scary as it may sound. Use a clean mascara/eyelash wand and apply a small amount of castor oil straight onto your lashes. You wont see results overnight but make it a habit and you will notice your lashes start to get longer and more luscious looking.
Extra Beauty Facts:
- Cotton Pillowcases: Did you know that cotton pillowcases are actually damaging your skin? Cotton surprisingly creates pressure on your skin ultimately causing wrinkles and even causes increased hair breakage. Use silk or satin sheets and pillowcases instead! Lucky us right, because who DOES'NT want luxurious silk or satin sheets!
- Sleeping Position: Did you know that sleeping on your back is the best way to sleep? Although it might be difficult for some - its worth getting into the habit because it actually reduces puffy eyes and dark eye circles!
- Salty Snacks: Avoid salty snacks before bed at all costs! Salt can dehydrate our body during the night and can result in natural fluids rushing to our eyes (and other areas) leaving them puffy and tired looking.
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed my tips and tricks and find some of them useful! If you have found any great overnight beauty tricks that aren't listed here please let me know in the comments below!