The Wonderful Uses of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera UsesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Aloe Vera: The Wonder Plant
The fleshy tissue that is located inside of the Aloe Vera has been utilized in various ways. It has the two following components: gel and latex. The gel is the clear gelatin like substance that can be found on the inside of the plant. The latex is located under the plant's skin surround the gel. With these two components, this wonder plant can be used in your every life.
- Food. Diabetics can benefit from this plant because it can lower blood sugar. Aloe Vera contains vitamins A, B12, C, E as well as, folic acid. minerals and other nutrients. It can be eaten raw and/or added to other dishes. This edible plant is well known to being included dishes in Asia. Aloe Vera can even be included in sweet desserts as well.
- Beverages. Since aloe Vera is a succulent plant, the liquid inside can serve as a refreshing beverage a juice or a water. If you happen to become dehydrated, this plant would be very healthy and refreshing drink to quench your thirst.
- Remedies. For centuries, Aloe Vera has been used as an alternative medicine. Sunburn victims would love the cooling and soothing sensation that this succulent plant can bring. It can bring relief to bowel diseases such as constipation, fever, heartburn, etc if taken orally. If you are going through radiation treatment, Aloe Vera can treat the treatment's side effects.
- Hygiene. This plant can also be used as a moisturizer for both hair and skin. Skin problems such as dandruff, seborrhea (a condition that I had since I was in the fifth grade), nail biting, stretch marks puffy eyes and psoriasis can be treated with Aloe Vera. The.The plant makes a wonderful oral mouthwash as well. If you need a facial, aloe vera gel would make your spa day complete and as a makeup remover as well.
- Houseplant. If you happen to love in a cold region, this is the plant for you. But, remember to plant the plant and keep it dry and warm. Your kitchen near a window would be a perfect location because it can give your plant the sunshine it needs. Keep your Aloe Vera plant watered but not too much. April through September is the perfect growing season for this particular succulent plant. Finally, use the same planting for cacti since cactus is also a succulent plant.
Even through this plant is good for eating and drinking, please proceed with caution. The Aloe Vera latex ingestion can cause diarrhea, dry mouth, headache and nausea, if taken in high doses. Especially when you are ingesting the latex. You go buy a bottle of aloe Vera gel or extract it from the plant itself. Either way, enjoy the wonderful benefits that this plant has to offer.