The Memorable 80's-What the 80's left us to love
More from H.C Porter on Hub Pages
- Don't you hate it when... A look at some of life's l...
Don't you hate it when...A list of situations we all experience, and are made to ask; Don't you hate it when... written by H.C Porter.
- What happened to Barbie's little sister Skipper? Plu...
Everyone knows Barbie! We know how she looks, how her fashion has evolved, and the impact she has had on little girls everywhere, but what about Skipper? Barbie's little sister Skipper-what is going on with her? PLUS a Barbie Timeline for all! By H.C
- A Little Love- A Different Kind of Love Poem
Love is no difficult thing to see, you can see it if you take the time to slow down and soak it all in. This is a Love Poem-of the most purest forms. By HC Porter
TOP 40 of the Memorable 80's
The Memorable 80’s-What the 1980’s gave to us…My Top 40...
1. Strawberry Shortcake- Rainbow Bright and Jem
2. Betsy Wetsy-Glow Worms-Pound Puppies-Teddy Ruxpin
3. She ra-He Man-Transformers-GI Joe
4. Cabbage Patch Kids were the first ‘must have toy’ for Christmas in 1983
5. Care bears and My Little Pony
6. Rhinestone Tee Shirts-with Puffy Paint
7. Parachute Pants
8. Scrunch / Slouch Socks
9. Neon Spandex
10. New Kids on the Block
11. Mini Vans
12. Big 80’s Hair
14. Monday Night Disney Movie
15. Fraggle Rock
16. Music Videos
17. Michael Jacksons-Thriller (and you knew all the moves)
18. CD’s were introduced to the world in 1982
19. VHS tapes pushed out Betamax (the little tapes)-both were introduced in the late 1970’s but in the 1980’s VHS won…And now most people would say Betamax? What?
20. Camcorders found us in the 1980’s you could make your own home videos without hooking up to a VCR. They were bulky and somewhat heavy…but were available.
21. In the 1980s, the transistor radios of the past evolved into powerful boom-boxes and ghetto-blasters
22. Personal Computers- if you were in grade school I am sure you remember looking forward to that weekly trip down to the computer lab where you and your class sat in front of Computers and played Wagon Trail. The games that within 45min class period your horse died-you lost a wagon wheel and your wife was having twins…
23. Electric Typewriters and Word Processors
24. Slogan Tee Shirts---They got big when Wham wore them
25. Shoulder Pads-the bigger the better
26. Jelly Shoes- Girls you know what I am talking about/ we had them in every color possible-and they were the only shoes you could buy that clear was an option
27. Slap Bracelets
28. Converse and Nike…They made hi-tops the cool thing to wear
29. You weren’t anyone unless you had a swatch watch
30. Scrunchies appeared on the market in 1987- what a variety of colorful hair accessories that emphasized the crimped hair you had
31. It wasn’t just the ladies with the memorable hair-boys had ‘rat tails’ and the ever so sexy ‘mullet’
32. Denim Jackets, we all had denim jackets-no matter the age.
33. ‘Gag me with a Spoon’ and ‘Fer Sure’…(1982 Valley Girl)
34. Garbage Pail Kids (I wonder where my collection of cards went?)
35. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- ‘Like Cowabunga Dude’
36. Singlet’s- but my mom only let me have them every once in a while
37. Atari and the original Nintendo;Somehow, when it wouldn't work/all you had to do was blow into the machine/and the game cartridge-and it was good to go?
38. Then in 1989 Game boy…
39. Pac Man, Frogger, Centipede, Donkey Kong, Tetris and Mrs. Pac Man
40. Books-Sweet Valley High -Judy Blume-Baby Sitters Club