- Fashion and Beauty»
- Shoes & Stockings for Legs & Feet
What are the Most Comfortable High Heels and Pumps - Comfort Shoes
What's the Most Comfortable High Heel Shoe?
A comfortable high heel shoe is not a figment of the imagination. While no high heeled pump will be as comfortable as a flat athletic shoe, there are some heels that offer extra comfort features.
The most comfortable high heel shoes offer ample toe room, a cushioned in-sole, and a snugly fitting heel. These shoes may not be the sexiest looking heels, but they will provide a lot more comfort than a spiked stiletto high heel shoe.
What to Look for in a High Heel Shoe
If a particular pair of high heel shoes (or several) are going to be the most comfortable for your feet, you need to be sure the shoe has several key features:
- Rounded vamp - the area that covers the tops of the toes should be slightly rounded and provide ample room for your toes. Wearing a pump with a tight toe box is likely to lead to a variety of foot problems such as bunions, corns, hammer toe, and Morton's neuroma.
- Cushioned insole - an adequately cushioned insole will provide arch support, help absorb shock and provide a pillowed surface for your feet.
- Flexible sole - a flexible sole allows your foot to naturally bend with each step you take.
- Heel height of 3 inches or less - the higher the incline, the more stress you will have on the ball of your foot which could lead to discomfort and pain.
- Breathable materials - the interior of the shoe should be made of a material that will allow your foot to breathe.
The MOST Comfortable High Heel Shoes
The following high heels are a sample of shoes that are highly rated for comfort and style. These shoe manufacturers are dedicated to providing a quality shoe that is cozy and stylish. From this selection, you are sure to find a high heel shoe that meets your needs.
Cole Haan High Heels with Nike Air
Cole Haan Nike Air Heels
Cole Haan Nike Air heels provide an extremely comfortable cushioned insole. These shoes have hidden Air Technology (between the insole and sole) and a leather cushioned foot-bed.
With every step you take, the Nike Air Technology helps absorb shock.
Cole Haan "Lainey" Pump in bronze metallic
Naturalizer Lennox High Heels
Naturalizer High Heels
Naturalizer high heel shoes have been around for a while, and are known for comfort.
Naturalizer high heel shoes have N5 Comfort which consists of five important features for providing long lasting comfort:
- Extra Cushioning on the insole of the shoe.
- A lining that is breathable so that your feet don't over-heat and feel sweaty.
- The heel-to-toe area is balanced, so that your foot is not at an extreme angle.
- The soles are flexible and allow your foot to move in a natural position while walking.
- The overall shoe is light weight and comfortable.
Currently, the Lennox pump is the most popular in the Naturalizer line of shoes because it offers exceptional comfort and support. It has a supportive cushioned insole and the heel height is just under 3 inches which makes the shoe manageable for day-long wear.
The nice thing about Naturalizer is that they're available in various different widths; narrow (AA), medium(B), and wide (C).
Naturalizer High Heels
The Lennox pump is available in a variety of sizes and widths, giving you the perfect fit!
Sofft High Heels and Pumps
Sofft is a shoe manufacturer that offers a comfort shoe in a variety of different styles.
Sofft high heels have an extremely soft and cushioned foot-bed that's padded with latex foam - like little mattresses for your feet!
Sofft High Heels
Sofft Ramona High Heel Pump
The Sofft Ramona high heel pump is available in a variety of different sizes AND colors!
Taryn Rose High Heels and Pumps
Taryn Rose - The Most Comfortable High Heel Shoe
Taryn Rose shoes entered the footwear scene in 1998 when an orthopedic trained doctor, Taryn Rose, created an ergonomically designed shoe that was comfortable and stylish.
Taryn Rose shoes are made of the finest materials. They feature padded insoles, arch support, and a flexible sole.
The Fierce Peep-Toe Pump is a favorite. It features an extremely comfortable padded leather insole, arch support, and a 2.5 inch thick heel.
Aerosoles Peep-Toe high Heel Pump
Aerosoles Shoes and High Heels
Aerosoles shoes are known for comfort and style. With a cushioned insole and a flexible foot-bed they're sure to be a comfortable shoe for daily wear.
Many of their shoes are available in a wide width.
The Benefit peep-toe pump is a stylish and practical shoe for day and evening wear. The heel height is a comfortable 3 inches and the shoe is available in many different colors and patterns.
The Benefit pump is available in many different colors, patterns, and sizes!
Hard to Fit Feet
Some women may find that no high heel shoe will provide them with lasting comfort.
- An existing back problem may make it uncomfortable to stand and walk on a shoe with a heel.
- Foot problems like bunions, hammer-toes, and Morton's Neuroma can make wearing and walking in high heel shoes extremely uncomfortable or painful.
if you have any of these problems, selecting a gel or cushioned insert for your high heel shoes might provide a little bit of extra comfort.