- Fashion and Beauty»
- Cosmetic Surgery
The Truth about Botox – Cosmetic Injections
So, what is Botox? – Botox comes from the word “Botulinum Toxin”, a toxin produced by the bacteria Clostridium botulinum. It is also feared as a potential bioterror weapon.
Injectable Cosmetic Treatments are on the increase – everyone wants to look beautiful and stay young but a lot of women are being left disfigured in the process.
Cosmetic Injections are used to:
- Smooth out wrinkles.
- Plump up the lips.
- Removing dark eye patches.
Some of the Risks involved:
- Drooping eyelids.
- Allergic reactions.
- Lopsided lips or face.
- blistered and infected facial sores.
- Difficulty talking, eating and drinking.
There are many unlicensed practitioners carrying out this procedure. Many have had just half a day’s training. In the UK, it is illegal to sell them without a prescription. However, foreign websites can dodge the ban and vials of facial filler drugs complete with syringes can be shipped conveniently to people who want to carry out DIY Botox. (Do it yourself)
"If you still want to go ahead to have this "beauty" treatment, then please, it is important that you consider the following:
- Check the Practitioners are suitably qualified.
- Check that they carry out the procedures on a regular basis.
- Carry out some more research – e.g what are the success rates? Are you allergic to any of the ingredients in the injection? What step do you take if yours goes wrong?
- Do not administer the (over the counter) injection to yourself as it could lead to paralysis if inserted into the wrong place.
More Beauty Articles.... Why have Surgery?
- Botox (botulinum toxin type A)
Botox injection contains botulinum toxin type A, which is a toxin produced by the bacteria Clostridium botulinum.
- How to Keep Breasts From Sagging | Socyberty
Every woman wants to look beautiful and have a lovely body. This isn't always the case. Also, breasts seem to be a very important feature to women. Once breasts start to sag, for some women they begin to hate their body, then as time goes on, they lo
- Changing Skin Colour - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
We live in a time where lots of people are not satisfied with their skin colour. The dark want to be lighter, the light want to be darker and the white want to be whiter. October 2009.