- Fashion and Beauty»
- Makeup & Cosmetics
Tips And Tricks On How To Use Mascara
Egyptians were the first ones to put makeup on their eyelashes. They used kohl to darken their eyelashes, and they added honey and crocodile stool to it to keep this early version of mascara from running. Eugéne Rimmel, a French perfumer and cosmetics inventor, was the one who created the first masvara in the 1830s. His invention became so popular that still to this day, the term "rimmel" translates to the word "mascara" in several languages.
For years, mascara has been a girl's best friend. Even when we feel lazy and don't feel like putting any makeup on, we can simply apply some mascara and it will make a big difference.
Picking the right mascara for our eyes is always the hardest part. I think we can all agree, that not all mascaras are meant for us. That's why when we find the perfect mascara for our eyelashes, we tend to just stick with that brand. Mascaras are nice, but we must not forget all the important things we must do when we have mascara on. For example: Never apply too many layers on your eyelashes, because once it dries up, our eyelashes will start breaking off if we apply too much. Another thing we should never do is go to sleep with our mascara on. The same problem will happen. Your eyelashes will fall off.
Waterproof mascaras are always nice for when you're going swimming, or when it's extremely hot out and you're worried your sweat my melt the mascara off, or etc. They are very helpful when it comes to that, but beware of the after-effects. Waterproof mascara is so difficult to remove, remnants might remain. These remnants can clog up lashes or continue to smudge or flake long after you've tried to get it all off.
Tips and Hacks
- Never pump your mascara brush. When you pump your mascara, it pushes air into the tube, which will make the mascara dry out faster, causing clumping and flaking. Instead, you should gently twist the wand back and forth or in a circular motion.
- Never share mascara. It probably doesn't seem like such a big deal to share your friends mascara or letting you friend borrow yours, but in reality, sharing eye makeup puts you at risk for infections and pink eye.
- Never throw out your applicator. Just because your mascara is empty doesn't mean you have to throw our the brush too. You could save it for grooming your eyebrows, or even for applying new mascara.
- You can use a spoon or a card to help you apply mascara easier without getting any smudges.
- Curl your lashes before you apply mascara. This is a mistake a lot of people make due to the fact that a lot of people think since their eyelashes are longer once they apply mascara, it will look nicer to curl it right after. That is not the case. After mascara dries, it makes your lashes harder and less flexible, making it more likely that they will break upon being curled.
- You can use more than one mascara. Each mascara has one purpose, no matter what the advertising says. Certain ones focus on length while others focuses on thickness. So if you put one layers of mascara that offers length and then apply a second layer of a different mascara that offers thickness, it'll make a big difference than using just one mascara. Even if you put a lot of layers on.
© 2017 lashbang