Tips on Getting a Spray Tan
The Mystic Spray Tan
The Mystic Tan Booth may be the most common spray unit found in tanning salons today. Customers who use it, love it, because of the beautiful natural tan glow it leaves on your skin. This unit utilizes a spray-on process designed to deliver a flawless tanning application.
People get spray tans for many reasons. For people who have a skin type I, it is their only option as their skin will not tan. Many people have an important event such as a wedding, prom, beauty pageant, or trip and they need to be tan the next day. Still others prefer spray tan to tanning in a bed, because it only takes 60 seconds and a tan is achieved on the spot.
To learn more about the different skin types, go Know Your Skin Type.
Sunless Tan with Spray, "Five Stars Best self tanning spray bronzer that I have ever tried!" Published 3 months ago by Theresa
Important Tips Before
A couple of things to remember before going to the salon for a spray tan:
- Take a shower at home and exfoliate the skin with a sponge or scrub brush. You are also removing any lotion or other products you have used from the skin.
- Wear dark clothing that you ar not concerned about staining, as any excess solution accidentally left on the skin can get on your clothing and cause a stain.
- How to Get the Best Tan From a Tanning Bed
If you are trying to get a tan using an indoor tanning facility, there are several things you can do to achieve a beautiful bronze tan.
- How to Get Rid of a Spray Tan
Have you ever gotten a spray tan and then just wanted it off? You may have thought you were stuck with it, but you weren't. Read this article to find out how to get rid of a spray tan easily and naturally.
Here are the basic steps in getting a sunless tan in the Mystic Tan Booth:
- Inside the mystic tan room, simply disrobe, place hairnet on so that hairline is exposed and ears are covered.
- Place cotton or noseplugs in nostrils, position goggles on eyes and use barrier cream provided on dry areas and areas of the skin where there are creases, such as the wrists and hands, around the feet and toes, knees and elbows.
- Enter the booth and locate the green button. Stand with arms extended out and legs shoulder width apart. With the push of a button, the session begins with a fine mist of aloe-vera enriched sunless tanning solution being sprayed through patented Magna-Tan nozzles.
- Stand facing the nozzles until the spray stops, then turn for your backside to be sprayed. Remember to keep your arms extended and in the same position so that both sides are sprayed.
- Exit the booth and dry your entire body thoroughly with a towel. Do not be afraid of rubbing off the solution - it has already been absorbed. Drying off completely is the most important step, as excess solution on your skin will leave uneven coloring.
- You are done! Your tan will develop over the next few hours. If you notice any areas that are too dark, simply rub them with a wet washcloth - this is excess solution on the surface of the skin. Wait at least 4 hours before showering.
* Most salons provide a thin hairnet, noseplugs or cotton, towels, and barrier cream. Goggles usually must be purchased.
Important Tips After
The Mystic Tan is advertised to last up to 7 days. As your skin cells shed, so does your tan. To make your spray tan last as long as possible, there are a couple of things you can do:
- Use a tan extender or a good quality moisturiing lotion, as dry skin will shed more quickly.
- Also, when showering, do not scrub your skin, wash gently.