Top 10 Tribal Tattoo Designs for Women
Tribal tattoo designs are gaining popularity among women with every passing moment! Tribal tattoos started to become a very trendy style statement among men in the 90s. But almost two decades later it is now becoming a hot fashion among women to wear tribal tatts. Unlike men, tribal tattoo designs for women are inked using multiple vibrant colors. For women many tattoo artists prefer to mix non-tribal designs with tribal patterns. The latest trend is to ink multicolor dragon accompanied by various tribal patterns on grand scale. If these designs are placed properly, they look extremely stunning and sexy!
History of Tribal Tattoos
Polynesian tattoo designs are created anew today for women! In Polynesian culture tattoos are considered as a symbol of courage, social status and adornment. People often believe tattoos offer protection and security in life. In many tribal cultures tattooing has a sacred significance.
Polynesian people first settled in an island called Marquesa and later on they spread to other islands like Hawaii, Easter Island and New Zealand. Polynesian tattoos therefore are mainly of three types, which are Hawaiian tattoos, Easter Island tattoos and Maori tattoos of New Zealand. Among them the Hawaiian tattoo designs are most feminine. Hawaiian tattoos have a distinct feature; people of Hawaiian Islands use floral patterns extensively in their tattoos.
To know more about the history of tribal tattoos read my article: Top 10 Tribal Tattoo Designs for Men
Top 10 Tribal Tattoos for Women
1. Dragon on Arm & Chest: In this multicolor design the main attraction is the dragon! The dragon is surrounded by traditional tribal patterns. The design is done on a large scale from arms to the chest and then extended up to the abdomen. This design looks absolutely sexy on the frontal body canvas of the woman.
2. Dragon on Chest up to Abdomen & Thighs: This design feels like as if it’s an extended part of the previous design finished on another frontal body canvas! Both are equally stunning and sexy! This particular design has a dragon on the belly accompanied by curvy Polynesian patterns re-created in 3D extended up to the thighs and on the chest. Isn’t it really sizzling?
3. Hawaiian Floral Design on Rib Cage: This is a fascinating Hawaiian grand floral design inked on the rib cage! The combination of red with black makes it an elegant tattoo, which is purely tribal. This design is no doubt for the sophisticated women of the upper class with a rich cultural background!
4. 3D Flower on Upper Back: The 3D flower placed on the upper back in one side symbolizes love! The soft color pink is mixed with the hard color black in such a way that a typical Polynesian flower tattoo neither lost its originality nor the visual appeal!
5. Stars on Lower Back: Stars are very common in tribal designs. In this design the tattoo artist has inked the stars along with traditional tribal curves in simple black in medium scale and placed them on the lower back in a sizzling way! Now you know that even stars can be sexy if placed properly!
6. Polynesian Design on Chest & Shoulders: This design comprises of a typical Polynesian shape on the chest accompanied by colored flowers on the shoulders. Some non-tribal shapes and texts are mixed up at other places to enhance the main subject in the middle! This design is just awesome and suitable for teenage girls!
7. Curvy Line Art on Back: A curvilinear art inked in black is placed on the back in such a subtle way that has created an immense visual impact! This design is an epitome of aristocracy! Ink such an elegant design and forget it, your partner will never forget you I can promise.
8. Butterflies with Maori Curvilinear Pattern on Leg: In this design butterflies are flying on your leg. Butterflies are common in tribal designs. They are mixed with Maori curves so skillfully in this design that the tattoo has become special!
9. Butterfly on Lower Back: This is really a cute design done on a small scale. Being placed excellently on the lower back and accompanied by simple curves the single butterfly becomes a symbol physical love!
10. 3D Tree on Back: This 3D tree design created using traditional tribal curves and placed on the back in such a way that the back has become a real canvas! The design symbolizes dynamism and pride! Created on a grand scale the 3D tree design strikes an absolutely stunning visual impact on the eyes.