Top 10 movie characters that have incredible fashion sense
From early 20th century to present, fashion has always played a crucial role in each movie, no matter what the theme is. Especially mentioning the movies that are all about fashion, one or more than one character(s) are always pictured as highly fashionable and chic. Here is a list of ten of those characters who have stolen the hearts of many people by the elegancy of their dresses and accessories.
1. Miranda Priestly: Miranda Priestly, the character played by Meryl Streep in The Devil wears Prada, is a powerful editor of a famous magazine Runway. In the beginning, Miranda steps in with amazing red pumps, wearing a black coat, a purple dress and a white shoulder bag. As the movie progresses, Miranda is shown in different heart throbbing pieces, her red fur, snake print orange, royal blue and shiny grey coats look totally marvelous. She also makes a great match with dark brown leather belt and black dress. Her brown fur coat with strips and a tiger-print shirt is so beautiful that I think it would enhance everyone’s beauty who wears it. Her black party gown is one of the best dresses that she has worn in the movie. Not forget to mention, her all jewelries are beautiful and eye-catching. She is pictured as the perfect blend of beauty, talent and fashion, maintaining her self-esteem each and every moment.
2. Andrea Sachs: Andrea Sachs, the character played by Anne Hathaway in The Devil wears Prada, is a common girl who comes to New York to get a job. She, out of her desire, lands a job in fashion magazine, where she has to look fashionable every day to maintain the consistency of the company rules. She, with the help of the art director Nigel, turns herself into a glamorous lady. She appears with Chanel double-breasted coat, boots, Fendi bag and a pretty necklace that look amazing together especially her Chanel boots steal the show. She is shown with different beautiful attires as she rushes through the New York streets. Her green, white, black coats, brown dress, knee-length boots are still famous and trendy. Later on, her dresses for Paris Fashion Week look formal as well as perfectly fit her curves that make her appearance extremely beautiful.
3. Samantha Jones: Samantha Jones, the character played by Kim Cattrall in Sex and the City, is a PR (Public Relations) maven who knows how to look young and fit, despite of growing old. Samantha wears tight clothes all the time in the movie that, indeed, suit her very well. She exactly knows what to wear for what occasion. Her pencil skirts and different hairstyles are quite spellbinding. Most of the time, she is seen wearing the golden jewelries and a golden skirt that probably would look good only on a beauty like her. Most importantly, she makes a good use of neon clothes and her match of pink belt with a tangerine dress and a high pony make her look like a young lad, not forget to mention her big earrings and a golden statement necklace enhance her beauty too.
4. Carrie Bradshaw: Carrie Bradshaw, the character played by Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City, is a writer. Despite of her busy schedules, she never leaves a chance to look adorable in her branded clothes, accessories and foot wears as well. According to me, she is the most fashionable and smartest lady shown in the movie. From her white dress that has a flower on its right top to her wedding dress which is designed by Vivienne Westwood, she looks adorable in each and every piece. Moreover, her wavy hair adds more taste to her beauty. Though a little vintage, yet I personally like her Emma Domb blue angel dress because of its color which is very calm and soothing to eyes. Her choice of golden necklace and bracelet make that dress even more beautiful.
5. Barbie: Though an animated one, yet the movie, Barbie a Fashion Fairy Tale, has a great fashion spark, which can be turned into a real life fashion statement. As the movie begins, Barbie is spotted wearing a pink dress with light pink colored necklace and danglers that look so cute, I think every young girl will look fab in that dress. Her crop jacket with a shiny grey tube is really adorable. Her pearl necklace and baby pink dress is also quite pretty. Those pink dresses would equally look pretty if they are worn in other bright colors like blue, green, light yellow and white as well. Barbie also wears a layered pink and white top with blue denim and a grey crop jacket that has pink flowery print on it which can be a good option for any lady.
6. Rebecca Bloomwood: Rebecca Bloomwood, the character played by Isla Fisher in Confession of a Shopaholic, is a great shopaholic who is spotted wearing clothes and foot wears of many famous brands including Miu Miu, Dolce and Gabbana, Jimmy Choo, Versace, Saint Laurent, Fendi, Gucci, Ralph Lauren and many more. Her green scarf designed by Dolce and Gabbana turned out to be a huge success for its superb quality and color. Her purple dress, by Amanda Uprichard, teamed up with a beautiful necklace and a violet belt is still liked by many people. Her yellow coat with tart collections dress; black and white earrings look totally fabulous. She is also shown wearing a white double-breasted Vivienne Westwood coat paired with white skirt and green sleeveless top, not forget to mention her necklace and footwear with dress make her a perfect fashion diva. Every dress worn by her is eye-catching and extremely beautiful. She exactly knows how to dress up well and which clothes to be paired with what accessories.
7. Coco Chanel: Coco Chanel, the character played by Audrey Tautou in Coco before Chanel, is a seamstress turned famous fashion designer. She does not wear any revealing or short clothes nor any bright or neon color, yet her sense of fashion in neutral colors make her look totally smart, adorable and sensational. Her striped nautical top is cute and chic. Her silk pyjamas with loose coat and black trousers teamed up with black coat, white shirt and a black derby hat are the dresses that inspired many other women to adopt the same style. She has a unique taste in her style that has the power of influencing others to a great extent. She looks so beautiful in a dress made by herself that includes beige color shoes with a little black on them, with an off-white shrug and skirt combined with necklace and a dark blue top. She brings a fresh line of women clothing by wearing the attires that are totally different from her time.
8. Jo Stockton: Jo Stockton, the character played by Audrey Hepburn in Funny face, is a bookshop clerk turned model. Her beautiful face adds more glamour to the dresses she has worn in the movie. Her shiny red dress designed by Hubert de Givenchy and shiny yellow dress are still liked by many women. The most prominent thing about her fashion is her dresses and a light makeup. She has a striking glow on her face throughout the movie that boosts up her overall appearance. You can notice her wearing silk and plain clothes, most of the times, in the movie and with very minimal jewelry needed. Her sleeved black dress and short wedding dress are a great fit, even for today’s generation.
9. Tracy Chambers: Tracy Chambers, the character played by Diana Ross in Mahogany, is a fashion designer and model. She has her own sense of fashion. Her clothes seem to be inspired from many different genres. Her shiny tangerine dress with a heavy work on front is quite unique and glamorous. Using minimal jewelries, Tracy has beautifully carried different dresses in the movie. Some of which include a great artwork. She looks pretty awesome in beige color from head to toe that includes a dress with narrow neckline and a fedora hat. She is also quite famous for wearing Bob Mackie one shoulder dress that has inspired styles of many dresses.
10. Rose DeWitt Bukater: Rose DeWitt Bukater, the character played by Kate Winslet in Titanic, is a girl from an aristocratic family. Her elegant dresses are the fine example of her royalty. Her red chiffon dress, that she wears while jumping off the ship, is one of the most expensive dress ever worn by any actress. From her party gown to her night wear, she looks equally elegant in each and every piece. Her white dress in the beginning of the movie speaks out loud about her beauty which is teamed up with a Gainsborough hat. Besides her chiffon dresses, her corset is a beautiful addition to her beauty as well as the large sleeved kimono worn by her is one of the striking dresses in the movie.