- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
Top 6 Ways to Prevent Oily Face
What causes oily skin?
Some things are better off shiny. But not your face! Having an oily skin is such a pain that there are so many excess oil on your face come midday. Then your makeup melts away with the oil.
There are so many people who are in search for the solution for an oily face. Let us take a look on the culprits of oily face.
1. Genetics play a role because oily skin may run in the family due to large sebaceous glands that produce too much oil. An oily skin is prone to clogged pores as well as breakouts.
2. Improper use of skin care products may lead to overcleansing and overexfoliation.
3. Blame it on the weather, humidity - changes in seasons can also affect the production of oil in your skin.
4. Medications such as birth control pills and other medications may have an effect on the skin's oil production.
5. Stress is another contributing factor because stress makes the body produce more androgen hormones which lead to more oil production.
6. Hormonal changes among women can make the sebaceous glands active.
7. Getting a tan can make the sebaceous glands produce more oil.
Ways to Control Oily Face
Wash your face
You can do something about your oily face by washing twice a day. Use the recommended facial wash for your skin type.
Apply aloe vera
One of the ways to control oily face is to use aloe vera. Aloe vera has the ability to absorb the oil in your skin as well as clear out the pores. Dab a small amount of aloe vera gel on your face after washing and let it dry. There are a lot of aloe vera gel that can be found in your local stores.
Improve diet and lifestyle
It is important to eat healthy. While stress cannot be avoided, it is equally important to learn how to deal with stress. Improving diet and lifestyle is one of the numerous ways to control oily face.
Pull hair back
Keep your hair away from your face because it can irritate your face.
Use scrubs or masks
The use of facial scrubs and face masks can minimize and control the oil production in your skin.
Baking soda is a good exfoliant. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to your liquid soap and apply to problem areas such as your T-zone and your chin. This is also an effective way of getting rid of blackheads.
Apple cider vinegar is also a good exfoliant. Use before bedtime by applying apple cider to your face using a cotton ball. Leave on for 5-10 minutes before rinsing. Use for three weeks and see improvement.