- Fashion and Beauty
Top Selling Celebrity Fragrances
These days, it seems that being a celebrity is equated with branding a merchandise. Personalities ranging from Hollywood A Listers to TV reality stars have attached their names behind perfumes and colognes, These celebrities claim to be a hundred percent involved in how their fragrance is developed. Supposedly the name and smell of the product say something about the celebrity's personality. Considering the numerous celebrity fronted scents in the market, I can't help but wonder which of them is selling the most. Also, does the degree of fame really a factor in how a product sells?
A research conducted by Euromonitor International showed Elizabeth Taylor leading the pack. In 2008 her White Diamonds scent grossed $67.2 million in the U.S. Younger and equally popular Hollywood stars follow her lead. Here is the complete listing:
- White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor, grossed $67.1 million. Launched in 1991, it is a blend of florals like gardenia, narcisse and lillies.
- Unforgivable by Sean John, grossed $48.5 million. Launched in 2007. There is quite a number of blends P. Diddy used to create this scent. To name a few: sicilian lemon, grapefruit, juniper leaves, lavender, sage, tuscan basil - the list goes on and on, you'll feel like a fruit salad or a flower vase!
- Celine Dion Parfum by Celine Dion, grossed $26.4 million. Launched in 2003. It is a fresh, clean, floral and woodsy scent, created by a blend of muguet, orange, sandalwood, mimosa and musk.
- Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker, grossed $25.7 million. Launched in 2007, it is described as a timeless, ageless fragrance, containing lavender, orchid and amber blends with a hint of apple martini, paper whites and musk.
- Driven by Derek Jeter, grossed $24.1 million. Launched in 2007 via Avon. It is a winning blend of grapefruit, clean oak moss, spice, black pepper, rhubarb, lavender, spearmint and driftwood. It is designed to capture ambition, courage, passion and confidence.
- Diavolo by Antonio Banderas grossed $18.8 million. Launched in 1997, it is a refreshing blend of wood, mossy aromas, recommended for daytime wear.
- Glow by Jennifer Lopez., grossed $18.5 million. Launched in 2002, this is a flowery fragrance, blending flowers, fruits, amber with vanilla, making it a clean, alluring scent.
- Curious bu Britney Spears, grossed $14.3 million. Launched in 2004, it is a vanilla musk floral scent with accents of Louisiana magnolia. It is described as subtle and sweet.
- Fantasy by Britney Spears, grossed $10.1 million. Launched in 2005 the second of her perfume line. This scent is described as a fun, invigorating scent. It is a blend of red lychee, kiwi, cupcake, jasmine, white chocolate, musk and orris root.