Every bride want to look their best on the big day, their wedding day. Wedding hair and wedding makeup are just as important as the dress itself. Whether you are hiring a professional make up artist, having a friend do your make up, or you are doing it yourself you want to be sure that you look amazing on the big day and here are some tips to help you with that.
If you are hiring a professional makeup artist you need to make sure that they are doing a makeup style that you like and that suits you. Not every make up artist does make up the same way so it is very important to always book a test session first. And if they have a look book then be sure to look through and see if their work is something you want on you on your big day. Do not be afraid to speak your mind, its your big day and the last thing you will want is to not look the way you want to look. Also, make sure you tell your make up artist if there is anything that you are concerned about or that they should pay extra attention to like redness, acne, scar, or anything that you want done a certain way. Though they are professional make up artists they too can miss certain things and it is better that you tell them up front so you know those things will be addressed properly.
If you are getting your friend to do your wedding make up it can lead to conflict but it is a great way to save some money. Again remember this is your big day and you want to look your best so don’t be afraid to offend them if you don’t like something that they are doing or you rather them do something else. They are your friend so they want you look your best as well which means your opinions matter. Like with a professional makeup artist you should always do a test run so you can see what you like and what you don’t like. This step is also important for the person doing your make up as every person’s face is different therefore its good to try and see what works and what doesn’t work before the big day.
If you are planning on doing your make up yourself then that’s also a great way to save money as well you know your face best so you know what you need to conceal and what you want to enhance. But it is always a good idea to ask for opinions of others if you are doing your own make up. Make sure you prime you face and eyes, this will help make your makeup last longer. Don’t wear make up that is too bright or that is shiny it will look better in photographs. Also, wear waterproof make up as you do not know what will happen and it is always wise to be prepared. As you will be doing your own make up you might need to buy new products so it is wise to make sure that you make sure you buy makeup products that work well with your skin, this does not necessary mean expensive and high end.
Tips for all brides no matter who is down their makeup:
- Make sure you exfoliate, as they will take off any dead skin and make your makeup application look smooth
- You want to enhance yourself not look overly done so don’t over do your make up
- Do not use shiny or glittery make up as that will does not photograph well
- Use matte makeup
- After you do a practice makeup session, take pictures in different lighting to see how it looks as you do not only want to look good in person but also in photographs
- Bring blotting paper but also take translucent powder
- Balance your look, example: if you want your eyes to pop then have your lips more natural
- Don’t over do a tan if you are planning on tanning before your wedding
- Don’t get facials right before your wedding as it can cause breakouts or redness
- Drink lots of water every day at least two months before the wedding to keep your skin hydrated on the day of
- If you are whitening your teeth make sure you do it a couple weeks before the wedding as sometimes teeth does not whiten the same shade and you want everything to blend together
- Use a setting spray to keep your make up from melting if you get warm
- Do your eyebrows a week before the wedding and get it touched up the day before that way there is no mistakes
- Try to stay away from makeup that contain SPF as it can not photograph well
- 101 Wedding Makeup Looks » Makeup and Beauty Blog
Your special day has finally come, and, no, I don't mean the premiere of The Hills. It's even better than that! It's your wedding day. :) Your plate