- Fashion and Beauty»
- Shaving & Hair Removal
Old but New: Permanent Hair Removal Method
History of Body Sugaring
Body Sugaring, a.k.a. Sugaring, is an old Egyptian technique to remove hair all over the body. Sugaring is an alternative to waxing, laser, and electrolysis with some added benefits:
- Safe and natural water soluble paste
- Reduces hair growth quickly
- Less painful than waxing
- For use on all body parts and skin types (including sensitive skin)
- No scars or bruising that laser or electrolysis can sometimes cause
Sugaring has also been proven to be an effective "Permanent" hair removal option. Over time, your hair may become finer, lighter, and/or patches of hair may not grow back. Individual results will vary but many people have noticed results after their first sugaring treatment. Eventually, your hair will diminish and treatments will no longer be needed.
How is Sugaring Done?
Professional sugaring services can be done in many salons and spas worldwide or you can do it yourself in your own home.
Body Sugaring Recipe
2 cups of Sugar (granulated)
1/4 cup of Lemon Juice
1/4 cup of Water
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer on medium heat for about 25-30 minutes. Stir continuously until the mixture becomes dark brown. Be careful not to burn. Pour the mixture in a container to cool. The paste should resemble taffy once it cools.
- Clean & towel dry your hair to make sure that all oils have been removed.
- Sprinkle cornstarch or talcum powder to the area.
- Once sugar paste reaches room temperature, apply the paste against the direction of the hair growth.
- Remove sugar paste by pulling in a quick, flicking manner in the same direction of the hair growth.
This technique may take some time to master but your silky, smooth skin will thank you later!