- Fashion and Beauty»
How to Find a Great Deal on a Diamond Engagement Ring
Diamond Engagement Ring
Tips for Buying an Engagement Ring
The web is a powerful tool that can help you tremendously when you are shopping for fine diamond jewelry. Brick and mortar store locations and commercial stores at the mall have a lot of overhead. Online-only stores do not have to deal with paying employees, extremely high rent, commercial decor, security, and so on. The markup on jewelry at these commercial locations is ridiculous and consumers are the ones that suffer.
An engagement ring is likely to be one of the larger purchases you make in your lifetime and if you do not do your research and shop smart, you can really get taken advantage of. Here are some helpful engagement ring shopping tips that can save you a lot of time and money.
1. After doing some research decide on the 4Cs of diamonds (cut, color, clarity, carat).
2. Now that you have defined what you are looking for, go out to your local mall or browse online and write down prices so that you can compare and contrast.
3. Look at the stores policies and make sure that they offer returns and/or exchanges. This is especially true for purchases over the internet because you do not see the item up close and personal.
4. If you decide to make your purchase with an online store, make sure they have stellar reviews. Do a mini background check to see what other have said about their engagement ring purchase.
5. Make sure you ask any questions before you make your purchase. If you are purchasing the engagement ring online, this is especially true. Call and make sure that the sales reps are friendly and knowledgeable.
Hopefully these tips will help you with your purchase. I cannot stress how important it is to shop around and compare prices. Many stores claim to sell wholesale engagement rings but their prices do not reflect that.