- Fashion and Beauty»
Top 10 Reasons Why Men Wear Earrings You Will Find Interesting
Why Do Men Wear Earrings?
If asked why men wear earrings, the most common answers would be trend and tradition. Despite the fact that wearing earrings may work against men in many situations, like work or in an interview, it does not stop them from wearing it.
As far as I know
- Many celebrities wear earrings, and fans like to follow them. Tyson Beckford bought expensive diamond studs for his girlfriend, then ended up wearing it for himself instead of returning to the jeweler when he found that she had been unfaithful.
- Indian men have worn earrings through the ages. It may also be noted that Hindu gods are depicted with their danglers. It's part of Indian culture.
- There are several references in the Bible also concerning earrings. Many Kings in India are known to wear them.
- It is believed that men have worn earrings for as long as civilization has existed. Jade earrings of men dating back to 3000 BC have been found in Southeast Asia. In ancient times, men wore earrings in places like Assyria and Babylonia to denote their rank in society. Aztec warriors wore them as a mark of honor.
- Even the primitive man pierced himself to wear earrings. Then, they were not only mere adornments that spoke of power, but prized possessions as well.
- It is also believed that even slaves have worn earrings or bracelet as a symbol of slavery.
Why do guys wear earrings? Given below is a list of top 10 reasons why Men get their ears pierced.
Top 10 Reasons Why Men Wear Earrings
I was looking for the possible reasons males wear earrings and found many questions related to the topic. Here are some of them.
- Why do guys wear in both ears ?
- Should men wear ear accessories?
- On which side do straight guys wear earrings?
- Does the Bible teach that it is acceptable for men to wear it?
- What does the Bible say about Men wearing earrings?
- What does It mean when a Man wears in both Ears?
- Is the trend of men wearing earrings over?
- How old is too old for wear ear studs?
- What Men are really saying when they wear it?
- What does God say about such males?
- Is there anything wrong with a man wearing it?
Given below are ten reasons why Men may choose to wear earrings.
- They're trendy. Many men wear rings as a fashion trend. Many young men wear ear studs or hoops as a style statement because they want to or find it attractive or stylish or to enhance their looks.
- As a custom or tradition. Others wear it as a custom or tradition followed in their religion. The practice of piercing ears is one of the Hindu practices performed in the third or fifth year for some children. This ceremony is celebrated by inviting people and feasting.
- As a status symbol. Some wear diamond studs or golden earrings as a way to display their wealth, or even keep them as a safe investment they can bank on during hard times.
- To play a role. There are many actors who pierce their ears so that they can fit into the character they are playing.
- To attract females. Some guys pierce their ears because they think that girls find guys with earrings sexy.
- It was a gift. Many times, the man may have gotten his ear stud as a gift from a girlfriend, wife, or a friend. So he may have pierced his ear or ears so that he could wear it.
- Marking your sexuality or style. Wearing earrings in one ear (on the right lobe) is often considered as a mark of homosexuality. But this could also just be a misconception, as there are also criminals using earrings to misguide people. Some parents also think that wearing an earring means that person is becoming a hippie.
- Physical therapy. Many wear earrings because of the therapeutic significance. It is believed that the point of vision in acupuncture is situated in the center of the lobe. Hence, the practice of wearing earrings is thought to have some therapeutic value.
- For one's spirituality. It is believed that long ear lobes like Buddha are a sign of spiritual development and superior status. Young yogis even now follow the practice of stretching the piercing to stimulate the psychic nerves connected to the ears.
- To rebel. Finally, many men also do it rebel or stand out in the crowd. People like to do things that they are specifically instructed not to do. Many also tend to think that wearing it would separate themselves from the masses — to be an individualist. (Thanks John for this point!)
Having said the above, I strongly believe that every individual has the right to choose what he/she should wear or not wear.
Guys, do you wear earrings? What's your reason? Ladies, what do you think of men wearing earrings?