- Fashion and Beauty
Women's Dansko Shoes and Clogs that are Comfortable and Stylish
Finding high quality, really comfortable shoes for women that are at the same time stylish is not an easy task. This is too bad because in many situations, us women need to or at least want to look well put together and polished. It is especially true for working professionals and especially for those who are required to do a lot of standing and walking on the job. Professions that come to mind requiring a lot of standing are nursing, certain sales jobs, teaching, and the list goes on and on. However, even a woman who doesn't do much standing at work or even a woman who doesn't work deserves to have a decent set of footwear that is comfortable and looks good.
I must say that the brand name of shoes I would most recommend to fulfill these requirements is Dansko. Here's why:
I got my first pair of Dansko shoes about 5 or 6 years ago when I was on vacation, back when not a lot of people had heard about them, at least not where I live. I absolutely loved them! At the time, they were the most expensive pair of shoes I had ever owned (I think I paid $135) but they were well worth it and I wore them nearly every single day - even in the harsh Canadian winters - for about 3 years!
I have fond memories of those shoes and they were definitely the highest quality pair of footwear I've ever owned. Sneakers don't count because yes, sneakers are more comfortable but they are not professional and you can't wear them to dress up! With Dansko shoes, you can.
Dansko means "Danish shoes" in Danish and they are now well known for their clog type shoes but they also make sandals and boots.
Here are a few of my favorite Women's Dansko Shoes:
The exact shoe I recommend
Click here to see all available colors including white
Typical healthcare look
Dansko Black Clog like I had!!
- These are the same kind of Dansko shoes that I used to have for years and loved to pieces. I can't believe how many colors they come in now.. Black, brown, blue, red, orange, green, white! I've shown the black pair here to your right - this is the color I used to have and am partial to this color.
- I've also shown the white because I work in the healthcare field and one of my co-workers wears this exact pair and raves about them. They really look good with scrubs, if that's even possible!
- When I buy my next pair of Dansko shoes (I miss my old ones!), it will probably be this same model again but I probably will go for the white. I do have another pair of shoes that are really comfortable and easy on my back for work, but would like to have more comfortable options in my closet.
Functional high quality heel
Also available in brown, brown suede and black suede
Dansko Black Leather 3" Heels for the Office or Dress Up
- I love the look of heels but usually don't wear them myself. I think I could pull these ones off though! The heel is high enough to give you a boost but it's a platform heel so you don't have to try to balance your weight on two skinny little posts.
- This style of shoe never seems to go out of fashion and will go with pretty much any kind of outfit you can think of. A real classic. Cute buckle, too!
One of many styles of Dansko clogs available
Also available in various shades of brown, red, and oiled leathers
Open back Dansko clog
- These are the shoes that gave Dansko its reputation for comfortable and stylish clogs (okay, it's debatable whether or not Clogs are really fashionable but I think that they are).
- They have a 1/2" platform and a polyurethane rocker-bottom sole which according to Dansko is what makes their shoes so comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Works for me!
- I like the idea of being able to slip these on and off really quickly because there's no back. I would consider buying them but it's against my hospital's policy to wear shoes with no back! :(