- Fashion and Beauty»
How to wear winter white
The secret is in the fabric and how you pair it
Yep, it's a total myth that you can't wear white after labor day. Let's review:
1. For starters, there are summer fabrics and then there are winter fabrics. Choose a winter fabric for winter, obviously. (I know you know but I just had to say.)
2. Here's a hint about the color...There is no "winter white" color! There are more shades of white than just about any other color. Mix your shades of white. Set off a stark white piece by pairing it with a darker shade of white, beige, ecru or any other color really. Varying shades give your style more dimension.
3. Use metallics against your winter whites.....add a metallic belt, shoes or clutch to make your winter white sparkle. This is my favorite way to do white!
4. Love the all white suit? Add a pop of color with a solid or printed scarf or a brightly colored necklace such as turquoise or coral.
5. Leggings are a great way to add another dimension to a white ensemble. I keep black, white and gray leggings on hand for added color AND warmth under my winter whites.
Check out the crazy gals at TMI in the video below as they pay homage to winter whites. They have some great ideas!
Harper's deal of the day, Kindle e-reader with wi-fi...$79
- Kindle with wi-fi $79
The all-new Kindle e-reader from $79: lighter, faster, more compact - and more affordable - than ever.