- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care»
- Acne, Pimples & Blackheads
Acne Scar Treatment for Dark Skin
Beautiful Skin with No Visible Signs of Acne Scars
So why do people with dark skin tend to scar easier then other people with lighter skin? This is a common question that many people with darker skin and acne often wonder. The reason why people with darker skin tend to develop more scars than other people with lighter skin tones is because they have more pigment in their skin.
Skin Pigment Plays a Vital Role in the Development of Acne Scars
Pigment is what gives our skin color, but what happens during an acne breakout is once the acne/pimples begin drying up, the skin begins to heal at a much faster rate than normal. This is because the skin is designed to protect itself from cuts or wounds to prevent infection. When this occurs the skin produces collagen at an accelerated rate. Once the skin heals, what is left behind is the remnant of hyperpigmentation and scars.
If you have scars on your face from acne breakouts, don't feel as though you're the only one with this problem. There are millions of people who deal with this type of skin imperfection. And many of these same people spend hundreds and even thousands of dollars to try and correct these acne scars. Below you will find some helpful tips and guidelines to follow when searching for acne scar treatment for dark skin.
Helpful Tips for Acne Scar Treatment for Dark Skin
- Vitamin C is an excellent source to keep us healthy, but did you know it also does wonders for our skin? Vitamin C has a multitude of benefits, one benefit is that it helps to exfoliate the skin. It also deeply penetrates the skin and gets beneath several layers where scar tissue is found. Vitamin C also helps to protect cells from the formation of free radicals, which can damage the skin and cause cancer. Vitamin C is essential in the overall heath of our skin because it helps to repair past damage caused from various environmental stressors and from past acne breakouts.
- Another great acne scar treatment for dark skin is to use a variety of products that contain alpha hydroxy. There are an array of products, from creams to serums that contain this valuable antioxidant in them. Alpha hydroxy takes part in the skin regeneration process and aides the skin in the healing process.
- Serums tend to be the best form of treatment for people with acne scars because it deeply penetrates several layers of skin. Serum treatments help to diminish scars on top of the skin as well as underneath several layers of the skin, where many acne scars reside. When a product can penetrate several layers of the skin, it can deliver the essential ingredients that help repair damaged skin cells and scar tissue beneath the skin surface.You'll notice an improvement in the texture of your skin and its overall appearance. By keeping skin oils well-balanced, skin becomes soft and supple.
- Glycolic Acid treatments-A derivative of sugar cane, this (AHA) is an invaluable tool for acne and acne scars. Glycolic acid is an effective treatment for scars because it gets below several layers of skin where many acne scars are found. This enables it to work its magic by breaking up dead skin and/or scar tissue and pushing it up to the surface. It also helps to promote the production of new skin cells for healthier more radiant skin.
Benzoyl Peroxide Exacerbates the Formation of Acne Scars
Research has shown that although benzoyl peroxide can be an effective way to dry up acne and pimples fast, it does not do justice for the skin in the prevention of scars. In fact, it has been stated that benzoyl peroxide can actually increase the likelihood of the formation of scars after acne has cleared up. So although it may help to get rid of those annoying pimples, several layers of the skin can be damaged and hard to repair.
Hopefully, you have learned some valuable tips to help you identify the right acne scar treatment for dark skin. As we have seen there are many different tools you can use in your fight against acne and scarring. Each product delivers it's own unique ingredients to benefit the skin. Vitamin C helps to protect skin from free radicals and damage caused by other environmental factors. Alpha Hydroxy helps to protect the skin, balances the oils in the skin and helps diminish the signs of aging. AHA's also helps to improve acne. Gycolic Acid helps loosen dead skin and scar tissue, bringing it to the surface, and helps to reveal more youthful looking skin. Benzoyl peroxide, while it is effective at diminishing pimples and acne at a faster rate, is ineffective for clearing up acne because it may cause long-term skin damage. By using some or all of these tips you can expect to see a more resilient complexion that will give you more confidence and less visible acne scars.