How To Apply Acrylic Nails At Home
French Manicures For Beginners
The French Manicure is the most beautifully natural design and the foundation for most acrylic nails and designs. Whether you're getting married, going to the prom, or just for everyday wear, acrylics will give your hands a beautiful and elegant appearance.
Going to a nail salon for a manicure can usually run you at least $20 for a full set, not to mention having them filled for another $20 every 2 weeks or so as your nails grow out. I don't have the finances to be spending $40 a month on my nails, so I learned how to do my own acrylics.
There are several more benefits to becoming proficient at applying acrylic nails than just the cost savings associated with it. You'll also be able to fill your nails whenever necessary without having to drive to the salon. You can also customize your nails much easier.
What You'll Need
Here are several supplies you'll need to create the perfect French Manicured acrylics:
- French Nail Tips
- Nail File (course grain)
- Cuticle scissors
- Orange stick
- Cuticle cream or oil
- Acrylic powder
- Acrylic solution
- Base coat
- Top coat
Step by Step Guide
- Prepare your nails by removing any nail polish and applying a base coat of clear nail polish. Buff the tops of your nails to give the glue something to stick to. Use the orange stick to push back the cuticles.
- Find an appropriate nail tip to fit fingernail. Apply a small dab of nail glue to the tip of your nail and press on the french nail tip. Make sure it is straight and apply pressure for 30 seconds to make sure it will stay. Cut and file to length desired.
- Dip a nail brush into the solution and then into the acrylic powder. Only use about a pea-sized amount at a time.
- Press the acrylic paste onto the nail tip and wet your brush again in the solution. Smooth the paste across the nail tip, making sure there are no lumps. Repeat this process until the nail bed is completely covered. Keep in mind, the thinner your apply it the more realistic it will look.
- Allow the acrylic to dry for at least 1 minute, then polish the nail. Repeat until all of your nails are finished, then apply some cuticle oil or cream to make ensure your cuticles remain healthy.
Applying Acrylics Part 1
Applying Acrylics Part 2
Complete Your Manicure With Nail Art
Now that you have a beautiful French manicure foundation, you can play around with nail art!
Nail art, the practice of painting decorative designs on your fingernails, is a fun way to brighten up your everyday look or accessorize a special occasion outfit.
There are a variety of nail art designs available, ranging from subtle and understated to funky and outrageous. For example, you could choose to paint flowers on your nails for a date or spell out the name of your favorite athletic team on the day of the big game.
While the more intricate designs are best left to a professional, it’s possible to create simple nail art at home. To create looks like these, you can use nail appliques, nail polish with toothpicks or even rhinestones to add a little extra glam to your fingertips!
No matter how you dress them, your acrylics are bound to sparkle and shine! While applying acrylic nails is best left to the professionals, you can save yourself time and money by learning to do them at home. Hope you enjoyed reading and have fun playing around with your gorgeous acrylic nails!