Homemade Aloe Vera Face Moisturizer DIY
Aloe Vera Face Moisturizer Tutorial
Check out the picture tutorial that will show you step by step how to make a homemade Aloe Vera moisturizer for your skin. I love to make cleansers, lotions, and face masks at home...it's easy, it's inexpensive, and it's all made with ingredients you probably have in your kitchen right now. I also love to put these creams, lotions, and face masks on my skin and relax while I moisturize my face. It's so relaxing!
Aloe Vera can cure most skin conditions you may be facing. Severe dryness, premature aging, inflammation, burns, give it a try. It's a natural way to take care of your face. Have you heard of Aloe Vera "after the sun" lotions? Of course you have. Aloe Vera is a great moisturizer to use after a little too much sun.
Aloe Vera, or as it's sometimes called "The Miracle Herb" is a natural medicine. This succulent has been known for its therapeutic properties for thousands of years. The Egyptians, the Greeks, the Chinese, and the Indians have used Aloe to treat the skin and also as a decoration for their body.
Aloe Vera is an important ingredient for many well-known and popular cosmetics and skin products on the market today. That's because it works, it has properties that restore the skin, it's almost miraculous.
What's In That Aloe Vera Plant?
Aloe Vera Contains:
The Miracle Herb Is A Nickname For The Aloe Vera Plant
DIY Aloe Vera Moisturizer Ingredients
Did you know the Aloe plant has more than two hundred helpful compounds in it?
What does that mean to you?
It means that a piece of an Aloe plant contains most of the important nutrients and anti-aging properties we need. There have been thousands of studies done all over the world. This research has proven that this plant has ingredients that act as an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral.
Sunburn is just the beginning of a long list of ailments Aloe Vera can help to heal. That list also has eczema, psoriasis, acne, bruises, and cuts, on it.
Now let's start talking about how to make an Aloe Vera moisturizer for your face and your body.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
- 2 tbsp apricot kernel oil
- 1 tbsp jojoba wax/beeswax (I used jojoba)
- 10 drops essential oil (I used orange and lemon)
- a double boiler or a glass bowl and a pan
- a glass jar with a lid
- a mixer
Step By Step Moisturizer Tutorial - DIY
Gather all your ingredients before you begin, and make sure to read over the directions.
- Combine all the oils - the sweet almond oil, the jojoba wax, and the apricot kernel oil - together in a glass bowl.
- Get your double boiler out and place water in the bottom ... if you don't have a double boiler, you can make your own with a pan and a bowl that can be placed in the oven so it can stand the heat. Fill the pan half way with water.
- Set the bowl in the pan or the top of the double boiler on the bottom of the cooker. Pour your ingredients into the top of the boiler.
- Let the water heat on low and keep it on until the wax melts.
- Remove the pan from the heat
- Let everything cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Add the essential oils you've chosen to the aloe vera gel.
- Slowly and carefully, pour the gel into the mixture of oil while using a hand mixer to stir the ingredients.
- Keep the mixer on until the mixture is whipped and has a buttery consistency.
Now it's time to enjoy the fruits of your labor, spread that mix on your face, your arms, your legs and let your skin soak up that magic moisturizer.
Store Your Aloe Vera Moisturizer In A Glass Jar
Store your Aloe Vera moisturizer in a glass jar with a cover. Keep it handy to use whenever you feel like a little spa treatment.
Tada! You're Done - It's Time To Moisturize
The List Of Essential Oils
Aloe Vera Picture Credit
- Aloe Vera Free Stock Photo - Public Domain Pictures
Aloe Vera. Free Stock Photo. Free for private and commercial use Aloe Vera Picture from
© 2016 HOWTOMAKEA