Dressing well -
For both men and women it's about knowing your body type, as we get older, our bodies change, however our mental image of ourselves does not. The information below is for all body types.
Everyone should have the following pieces in their closet:
- A blazer/sports jacket (non busy color/pattern)
- Full suit (not from your wedding ;-)
- A well fitted pair of slacks
- A dress shirt that fits
- The hosiery or socks to match
- A nice sweater
- A nice pair of jeans
- 1 pair of clean comfortable and timeless dress shoes (that coordinate with the colors above)
All of the items can be mixed and matched to meet whatever your wardrobe needs are.
Understanding dress codes:
- Formal Dress - For men this means to wear a suit, for women, a cocktail dress (shorter lengths are ok, just not above the knee) or suit is appropriate
- Black Tie - For men, a tuxedo is appropriate, for women, a gown is appropriate (full length gown is appropriate)
- Business Casual - For men, a sports jacket and slacks or khakis, or a dress shirt and slacks, for women, blouse and skirt, or blouse/sweater and slacks/khakis/gouchos
- Casual - For men and women, this means jeans, depending on the occasion, shirts without collars may be allowed, a sweater is always a safe bet.
Add punches of color to your wardrobe by accessorizing it, or adding fun shades for sweaters/shirts/scarves/belts into your closet arsenal.