kyork profile image 61

How can I prevent my tattoos from fading?

I just got a beautiful blackbird cluster tattoo on my collarbone/shoulder/chest area a week ago. They were done perfectly and I was so happy with them.They've just finished healing completely, however, and they look like crap. The problem is that when I would go to sleep they would stick to my nightshirt, and to my sheets if I was shirtless. Also my bra strap would rub on them. I'm having them touched up this week, is there any way to prevent the fading from happening all over again? The picture is from just hours after it was done.

tussin profile image60

I'M BANNED Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!! (tussin) says

physicsgarage says

• kyork profile image

kyork 4 years ago

I agree that keeping my ink out of the sunlight will help, but the problem was clothing sticking to it, not the sun.