Debby Bruck profile image 85

Did someone ever give you a piece of jewelry that you treasure but don't usually wear?

We have many people in our lives who we love. Many of them find a special piece of jewelry or decide to give a family treasure as a gift. It means a lot and has sentimental value, but for one reason or another we don't wear it. Any thoughts?

unknown spy profile image77

IAmForbidden (unknown spy) says

• Debby Bruck profile image

Debby Bruck 4 years ago

Ah! I had not thought about it that way, spy. Yes, I see exactly what you mean, that the potential for loss of something dear can easily happen from breakage, losing down a drain, in a mall or even having something stolen. This is true. I have had a

• Debby Bruck profile image

Debby Bruck 4 years ago

Iburmaster - I think it would be hard to part with the heirloom jewelry, as we might want to hand it down the generations. In the future someone might wear the item or reset a gem, etc. Saving it in a prominent place instead of wearing makes treasure

Amanda108 profile image93

Amanda (Amanda108) says

• Debby Bruck profile image

Debby Bruck 4 years ago

Dear Amanda - I'm wondering if this is the most common reason why people don't wear treasured jewelry? I have certainly felt this way about a ring.

• Debby Bruck profile image

Debby Bruck 4 years ago

Hi Duffsmom - I'm thinking that at some point you will pull out of hiding one or more items and begin to wear them. Blessings, Debby