Abby Campbell profile image 92

Have you ever cured melasma?

If you have ever had melasma, you know the detriment that comes with it. Melasma is discoloration of parts of the face (usually affects only women) due to hyperpigmentation. It usually affects both sides of the face parallel, and usually the cheeks, upper lip, or forehead are affected (see photo). Hormones are usually the cause. If you have ever had melasma, can you please comment on the treatment you used to get rid of it.

Best Answer Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 3 years ago

Bravo for even mentioning it. Several of my foster sisters used it growing up for acne scars and it worked. I have never been brave enough to try it!

• Abby Campbell profile image

Abby Campbell 3 years ago

Thanks for replying, peeples. I will check out your hub. I never had it from pregnancy, but I'm in my mid-40s now so I think my hormones are changing. I have always had a great complexion, so this has been horrendous for me. I appreciate you! :-)

Sue Bailey profile image88

Susan Bailey (Sue Bailey) says

• Abby Campbell profile image

Abby Campbell 3 years ago

Hi Sue. It is the same as Chloasma, but I think that term is used more for the hyperpigmentation that comes with pregnancy. Sometimes, it can be the spider veins that do this as well. It's more difficult to treat than the brown spots. You're lucky!

SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image87

Sanjay Sharma (SANJAY LAKHANPAL) says

• Abby Campbell profile image

Abby Campbell 3 years ago

Thanks for the answer, Sanjay. I have read these before, but have you actually used any of these treatments with results?