bethperry profile image 89

When and how did it become common practice in the U.S. for women to shave their legs?

My husband spent many years in other countries and says he met very few women in those places that shave their legs. Although I still shave my legs, I have to admit it can be a pain, especially in colder weather. And I tend to think the practice is one originally encouraged by razor makers in order to sell more of their products. But I am curious as to the specific origins - when/how did the practice began and why it became so popular in the U.S.?

• bethperry profile image

Beth Perry (bethperry) 3 years ago

sheilamyers, I have a suspicion that day is shortly coming! Thanks for commenting :)