Does placing cucumbers on one's eyes really help with puffiness due to allergies?

I am curious as to how does placing sliced cucumbers on one's eyes reduces puffiness. What in the cucumber helps to reduce puffiness exactly? There must be ragweed in bloom here and my eyes are a bit swollen as I am allergic to ragweed, and I am thinking of placing cucumbers on my eyes to relieve them a bit, but does doing so actually help? Thank you for answering.

bravewarrior profile image96

Best Answer Shauna L Bowling (bravewarrior) says

Hi Sha, that is exactly what I am looking for ...just how do the cucumbers help the puffiness. I just had some cucumbers and I wait until they are gone to remember this too! LOL ..Wow, about the hemorrhoid pads. Thank you for the great answer.

billybuc profile image84

Bill Holland (billybuc) says

LOL, Dear Bill, thank you for the visit to my puffy eyes question. I am glad you popped over to my side of HP. My hubby had knee surgery so I have been off from work these past two days. Not major surgery, just to repair a torn meniscus. Bless you!

bodylevive profile image79

BODYLEVIVE says

Oh, thank you so much, bodylevive. Well, I am just guessing the eye puffiness is from allergies, but does placing cucumbers on one's eyes reduce physical puffiness, do you know?

Jackie Lynnley profile image82

Jackie Lynnley says

Thanks Jackie, that makes sense about the cold. Just regular eye drops? He is home from the hospital and is doing well as can be expected. I am glad he just got that over with. It is a minor knee surgery, repairing the meniscus and scoping the knee.

Dana Tate profile image90

Dana Tate says

Hi Dana, I am going to try it today just to see ... something is in full bloom here in the Deep South for sure. It believe it may be the ragweed across the road in the pastures. Thank you for answering.