- Fashion and Beauty
Arnold & Son True Moon and World Timer
SINCE 1764 Arnold & Son
Arnold & Son has been a trusted watchmaker since 1764. John Arnold who lay the foundation of the modern brand is without a doubt one of the greatest watchmakers in history.
It's John Arnold who, together with Abraham-Louis Breguet, is credited with inventing the mechanical watch as it is today. In the True Moon model shown below technology that the company was the first to develop has been deployed.
Both watches by this watchmaker that are shown below use the Caliber A1766. A picture is included. On the picture to the left you see Philippe Boven as a representative of Arnold & Son accept the prize for "Best Classical Watch" at the PREMIER awards 2012.
Arnold & Sons True MoonONLY 1 LEFT!
Arnold & Sons Hornet WorldtimerONLY 1 LEFT!
The True Moon watch by Arnold & Son is equipped with the world's first mechanism that was able to provide an accurate view of the phases of the moon as experienced in the northern hemisphere with an error of only 1 day in one hundred and twentyfive years. This remarkable and unique feat at the time was achieved by using the synodic month of 29 days, 12 hours and 44 minutes - the period between recurrences of the same phase - as the grounds for calculation.
The moon phase display at 6 o'clock is set by a pusher internal to the case at 10 and has 18 revolving 'wheels', each with a picture true to nature of the current phase of the moon on them. The 19 diamond stars that are visible on the dial represent the Big Dipper, Small Dipper and Cassiopeia. The "True Moon" comes with a relief of our planet engraved at 12 o'clock and a date feature at 3 o'clock.
True Moon Features - Arnold & Sons
- Functions: hours, minutes, centre seconds, perpetual moon phase at 6 o'clock, date display at 3 o'clock
- Case: Made out of 18-Carat Rose Gold with a diameter of 46mm. Cambered sapphire with anti reflective coating on both sides just like the Hornet Wold Timer. The back of the case is made of metallic sapphire.
- Dial: The True moon has a blue dial. With an engraved earth at 12 o'clock. The 19 diamonds, yellow stars. Golden indexes, polished. Golden facetted hands, polished.
- Caliber A1766
Caliber A1766 Arnold & Son
Arnold & Son mechanical exclusive movement, it's self-winding, with 41 jewels, diameter 38.55 mm, thickness 7.05 mm, a power reserve of 42 h, 28'800 vibrations /h Movement decoration: rhodium treated with a fine circular graining and 'CÃ´tes de GenÃ¨ve'
Hornet World Timer
The Hornet World Timer is equipped with six central hands. The hands are propelled by wheels with custom split teeth created by employing LIGA technology, to make sure the hands have play-free movement. The World Timer can show up to 3 time zones: the duo pointed hands indicate 24 time zones on the outside ring. Meanwhile the sun-tipped golden hand is set to indicate time zone in between.
It's also possible to set the watch to display mean solar time at any location according to its longitude. The shortest hand will then display the equation of time: the difference between apparent solar and mean solar time. The double-disc big date at 5 o'clock and circular month display at the centre are the finishing touch to the dial.
Hornet Wold Timer Features - Arnold & Son
- Functions include: hours, minutes, equation of time, multiple time zone display, month indicator, mean solar time, big date display at 5 o'clock,
- The Case is made of Stainless Steel and has a 47mm diameter. Cambered sapphiere with anti reflective coating at either side. The back of the watch is metallic sapphire.
- Black dial with rhodiated indexes. Polished with golden and rhodiated facetted hands that are also polished.
- The strap is made out of black alligator leather and has been hand stitched
- Water Resistance: 50m
- Caliber A1766