Home Body Wraps & DIY Body Wraps
Do It Yourself Body Wraps
I love body wraps, and when you do them yourself at home it can save you hundreds of dollars from going to a spa! I will share with you the ones I've found to work best.
Did you know that body wraps can draw toxins out of your body as well as help you lose inches by drawing unwanted fluid off of your body?
I'm sharing some kits that are available for purchase as well as a diy body wrap that you can make from products you probably already have in your home.
Image is from Amazon and product is sold here.
Body Wrap Benefits
Although body wraps are easy to apply and might help with some temporary inches lost due to excessive water being drawn out of your body, they are not the answer to permanent or even long-term weight loss, but there are some terrific benefits to a body wrap, and you can enjoy these from home any time you desire.
- Quick cellulite tightening and some inches lost.
- Soft and supple skin due to exfoliants (on wraps that contain them).
- Awesome moisturization. Just about all body wraps have ingredients to moisturize skin.
- Skin will be purer and it might possibly help to clear up acnes (this is the detoxing process, but a total body detoxification does not happen as some may lead you to believe).
- Ultimate relaxation. Body wraps are extremely relaxing and enjoyable.
Body Wrap Poll
Have you ever had a body wrap?
- 1 Gallon Distilled Water
- 1 Green Tea Bag
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Epsom Salts
- 1 Cup Bentonite Clay Powder
- A Few Drops Of Your Favorite Essential Oil ( I like lavender)
- Bring 2 cups of distilled water to a boil along with the green tea bag. Remove the tea bag from the water, then stir in the Epsom salt until it's fully dissolved. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and continue stirring while adding the bentonite clay powder.
- Lower the heat if desired then add essential oil of your choice. Continue to stir until the mixture forms a paste. The mixture should spread easily and stick to the skin. Add more warm water or add clay powder as needed to achieve desired consistency. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Boil an additional 1/2 gallon of distilled water in a large pot. Remove water from the heat and soak long underwear or a pair of tights and a snuggly fitting top in the water. When cool enough to handle, ring out the excess water from these items.
- Apply the warm clay mixture quickly to your skin from chest to ankles. Put warm damp garment on over top of the mixture.
- Firmly wrap plastic wrap around the garments to lock in heat and moisture.
- For further insulation, put sweatpants, sweatshirt, or a long robe over the plastic wrap. Be prepared to be hot!
- Relax 45-60 minutes before unwrapping. Use a warm damp towel to gently wipe excess clay mixture.
- Apply lotion to the skin if desired.
- *Do not bathe or shower for at least 8 hours after each wrap for best results.
Homemade Cellulite Body Wrap - Instructional Video
Simply Slender Body Wrap
For around $6.00 per treatment you can relax and enjoy body wraps at home. You get enough cream to do 16 half body or 8 full body wraps. It comes with a slimming suit that you can wear while in the bathtub, too (I believe that's the pink plastic thing pictured here).
I'm sure you can purchase more elastic wraps if you need more or want to wrap more areas of your body, but you can't beat the price on this home body wrap! Try it and let me know what you think.
Wrap Yourself Slim Videos - At Home Body Wrap Kit Sold Below
Wrap Yourself Slim Products
As I stated earlier a body wrap is not the answer to long term weight loss, but it can help with cellulite and help you to feel better about yourself. Some people in the videos above claim they lost inches with this wrap, and if that's true, it's wonderful! They are worth a try in my opinion, and they might even give you incentive to eat better and exercise more. And those things are what will truly get you in shape and keep you healthy!
There are more products available individually and more kit options as well. When you click on any of these items, you'll have the opportunity to search for others on Amazon.
Body Wrap Before & After Photos
More Body Wrap At Home Kits
Here are some more options for you to choose from for home body wraps. Click on the ones you're interested in and you'll land on the information page with details for each kit. I wanted to offer you more than a couple of options, because people have a variety of preferences and there's not a "one type fits all" wrap.