- Fashion and Beauty»
Best Baby Sun Hats for 2015
Finding The Best Baby Sun Hats for Babies and Toddlers
Are you trying to find the best Baby Sun Hats to use to protect your little one from the sun?
Your little one is precious - be sure you protect him with one of these great sun hats. The page features a selection of sun hats with UV protection. There are a huge selection to choose from - for girls and boys.
Pick out your favorite from bucket hats, floppy hats and flat hats. These are all relatively inexpensive but worth their weight in gold. Be sure to check out the tips for protecting your child from harmful UV rays. Enjoy this online shopping experience.
Why Choose Baby Sun Hats?
There are many things you can do when it comes to protecting your little ones from harmful UV rays and keeping them cool on a hot and sunny day at the beach.
You can apply sunblock that’s formulated especially for baby’s sensitive skin, you can have them wear long bathing suits or clothing that covers their arms and legs, you can put a nice pair of sunglasses on them, or you can even try to keep them under the shade of your beach umbrella or inside the beach tent.
But one of the simplest yet most effective things you can do is have your baby wear a baby sun hat.
Our Choice Of The Best Sun Hats for Baby Girls and Boys
These hats come in several styles and help to protect and shade your child’s face from the sun and its rays.
Below you’ll find a few examples of different types of baby sun hats.
This bright and colorful sun hat features a whimsical beach theme with little fishes, surf boards and surfing lizards. This hat was designed to provide efficient protection for your baby with its large brim and flap which cover the neck and back of the ears.
Inside the hat you’ll find an elastic band that allows the hat to fit securely and comfortably. It’s made from 100% cotton and has a UPF 50+ rating. The hat is perfect for any outdoor activity and it comes in 24 fun and different designs that’ll match your baby’s outfit and personality.
Perfect in Pink
Your baby will love the look and feel of this cotton, white sun hat. It’s made from 100% breathable cotton that’s soft and comfortable for baby to wear. The hat features a large all around brim that provides excellent UPF 50+ sun protection for the face and neck.
It also includes a chin strap that ties under the neck for a secure fit. So no matter how windy it is outside or how hyper your baby may be, the hat will stay on. In addition to white, this Flap Happy Hat also comes in other bright and floral prints.
Baby Sun Hat - Flap Hat
Flap hats are ideal for protecting your kid from harmful sunlight. The long flap at the back protects the delicate skin around the neck.
Tips for Sun Protection for Kids - Sun Protection for Babies
Baby's skin is particularly delicate and can very easily be damaged by ultra violet rays you get from sunlight. Ideally babies under 6 months should be kept out of direct sunlight completely but for those occasions when it can't be avoided be sure to take precautions.
Don't forget that UV penetrates glass and fabrics so babies still need protection if travelling by car and do not leave them near a window.
- Cover up - pick fabrics that are light-weight but completely cover baby's skin. Try long sleeved tops and long pants even on the beach. Try to find fabrics that have UV protection.
- Get kids used to wearing sun hats. Many people think the top of the head is protected by hair - not so and necks, ears, noses and lips are all particularly vulnerable to sun damage. Pick a hat that provided plenty of shade for the face and neck. Pick one that is UV protected but also make sure the material is breathable so baby doesn't overheat.
- Apply sun cream or lotion at least 20 minutes before you venture out, even if it is only to travel by car. Glass heightens the power of UV rays. Reapply lotion after 30 minutes then every 2 hours. Reapply if baby gets wet or sweaty and be sure to use plenty - the most common mistake people make is not applying enough - slather it on!
- Invest in baby sunglasses - this is an often forgotten item. Children's eyes are much more delicate than yours so if you need sunglasses when you are out, so will she.
- Invest in a car window shade.
- Invest in a sun umbrella or parasol that attaches to a buggy, pram or stroller.
- Do not sit baby outside in hot sunny weather.
- Be especially conscious that near water, glass or large concreted areas, the UV light is intensified.
- If you are outside, sit them in a tent or in shade.
- Remember to moisturize baby's skin if she has been out for any length of time especially if she has been in the sea or lake. Water dries out skin very quickly.
- Keep baby well hydrated with drinks of water.
Sun Hats for Girls - Sun Protection for Babies
Mud Pie Baby - Designer Sun Hats
Mud Pie Baby call on 25 years of experience in the business and the company is committed to providing quality and attractive baby clothes and gifts. Their selection of sun hats all provide UV protection and are made from comfortable fabrics that breathe with your baby.
Sun Protection for Babies - Baby Banz
Every little boy will look mega cute in this sun hat from BabyBanz.
The lightweight hat has an elasticated inner band to keep it in place.