- Fashion and Beauty»
Birkenstock for Women - Which is Better? Soft Footbed Birkenstocks, Regular Sole or High Arch?
How do you know which style of Birkenstock footbed to buy online?
Birkenstock are renowned for their comfortable hard-wearing high quality footwear. How do you know which style of to buy online? Read these reviews.
There are three main sole types of Birkenstock for Women, soft footbed Birkenstocks, regular footbed and high arch support soles. Custom orthotic soles can be made but are in limited locations, so we'll show you how to choose the best Birkenstock sole for your foot. Hundreds of reviews have been analysed and the highlights are here for you.
Birkenstock Sandal Options
The Birkenstock name appears on a variety of sandals and shoes. The appearance of the high-quality leather upper can be chosen to suit your taste and needs. More importantly, the correct comfortable footbed needs to be selected first for maximum arch support and comfort.
Obviously, everyone has different needs. Contact your family doctor or Podiatrist if you are experiencing issues with your feet. This article on Birkenstock foot bed options is to help guide you when online shipping to buy a suitable comfortable sandal your foot and needs.
Birkenstock for Women - Comparison of the 3 main types of footbed - Table by Skeffling compiled on Birkenstock USA Website Info
Main Differences Between the Birkenstock Footbed Types
Summary of the Above Table
As you can see the main differences are:
- Soft footbed has the spongy layer in the sole under the suede top liner which helps cushion the foot when the natural foot padding is less.
- The high arch footbed does not have the additional cushioning, but has a deeper heel cup, and higher Median (main) arch and Metatarsal arch, which goes across under the front pad of the foot.
Soft Footbed Birkenstock Sandals
Amazon Customer Reviews (excerpts)
- "The way the insole conforms to my foot makes these feel like
they are a part of me, which is why they can feel better than barefoot."
- "Much more comfortable than the hard bed originals"
- "The soft footbed feels great and is definitely worth the extra
- "The soft footbed is great for me since I have flat feet"
- "these soft footpads are even more comfortable and have helped
sore heels and feet"
- "The soft footbed is excellent - this is the ONLY pair of sandals
I can walk for ever in"
- "From the first minute I put them on, it was like they became
part of my foot!"
Just a couple of reviews of the soft footbed Birkenstock (out of over 30) said they couldn't tell the difference or they preferred the original footbed.
According to Birkenstock, the natural padding in the foot diminishes with age. Extra cushion padding for the sole may be a great option then. For individuals with Plantar fasciitis, having a well-padded heel area in the footwear (as well as full arch support) is recommended to decrease pain and the soft footbed should meet that need.
High Arch Footbed Birkenstock Sandals
Amazon Customer Reviews (excerpts)
- "These actually give better support than my custom orthotics!!"
- "The only shoes to wear if you have high arches - with these I no
longer use the inserts that I got from the doctor, so I can wear
- "Great for my foot problems, my high arch is always killing me
& this takes away all the pain."
The high arch footbed Birkenstocks have only been available for a couple of years. There are limited styles in the high arch footbed sandals, so there are just a few customer reviews, all very positive.
According to Birkenstock, the high arch footbeds provide aggressive arch support. For some, the high arch footbed will be too much and will push the foot out of the natural position. Those with flat pronated feet may find the high arch footbed uncomfortable to wear and may find the original footbed Birkenstocks more suitable.
Original Regular Footbed Birkenstocks
The original footbeds are a compromise between the high arch and soft footbed Birkenstocks. They are the original and suit a large percentage of the population. The high arch and soft footbeds appear to be more specialized for very high arches needing orthotic support or lower arches with additional padding needs.
Most likely, the original footbed Birkenstocks are most likely to suit the online shopper, but proper width and length sizing, and adjustment of the straps is required. If in doubt, go for a fitting at a quality shoe store.
Ready to Shop for Your Birkenstock for Women Footwear? - Soft Footbed Birkenstocks
Check out the Birkenstock for Women above.
Successful online Birkenstock shoe shopping should now just be a matter of choosing a great top leather style and colour that suits you. Often after ordering one pair with the perfect fits-like-a-glove footbed design, buying extra Birkenstock for women sandals with different styles of straps and colours for different occasions is inevitable!
Bear in mind Birkenstocks fit long and wide. So if in doubt order down a size.
Please vote us up if you found our Birkenstock footbed article helpful!
More Comfortable footwear for feet that need (and LOVE) it!
Want more extremely comfortable shoe and footwear information on rain Boots and Birkenstocks, check these links out!
- Best Hunter Rain Boots - Easy Comparison Guide for Premium Hunter Welly Shopping - InfoBarrel
Hunter rain boots are the very best, being an symbol of country life in England for decades. But how do you get the right comfortable Hunters for you? Hunter rain boots come in a few key styles and here is a guide to making sense of them for a succes
- Birkenstock Quality | Birkenstock USA Official Site
Quality Birkenstock footwear designed to fit your feet.
- Hunter Rain Boots Reviews - Easy Online Shopping
Hunter Rain Boots Reviews - Easy Online Shopping