Caruso Steam Curlers
Caruso Ion Steam Curlers - Better for your Hair
The Caruso steamroller system has worked wonders on my hard-to-curl, fine, limp hair. The rollers are fast to put in and the curls set in just 10 minutes. Steam is much gentler on your hair than standard heat hair curlers.
For me the curls last all day without any hairspray, but other people and the company itself claim the curls will last for up to 3 days. Lucky ladies!
This page will give you reviews and tips for using this awesome little set of hot rollers.
Photo Credit: Nibbled.
Curls that last for Days? - A Caruso Steam Roller Experiement
YouTuber ilovegerardo tested out how long the curls will really last in her hair and video blogged the experiment for our enjoyment. She had impressive results. I wish I could wake up day after day with hair like that!
Caruso Professional Ion Steam Curlers - Be Good to your Hair and it will be Good to You
This is the exact set I purchased through Amazon. It came with 6 of 4 kinds of multiple sized rollers and the main unit. I ended up purchasing another set of large and jumbo rollers as that is the size I liked best. Remember the smaller the roller, the tighter the curl. It's also worth noting that using distilled water will keep your steam unit running in tip top condition. Tap water will cause mineral build up just like you see in a clothes iron.
The unit has a regular steam setting or an ionic steam setting. When switched to "ion" you'll hear a clicking noise and visually see more steam. That click is fairly loud, so be prepared to wake up anyone near by if you use these in the morning with the ion setting.
I have fine limp hair that refuses to hold a curl. Traditional heated hot rollers created curls that fall limp within an hour even with hairspray.
Then I discovered the Caruso Steam hair-setter. The steam is gentler on my hair and creates long lasting curls with very little fall out, even when I skip hairspray.
Some people claim their curls last for days, mine last me from morning until night, but bedhead all but knocks them out.
The only complaint I have with the curlers is the steam shield can leave a dent in my hair if I'm not careful with how I position it.
Molecular Ionic Steam Hairsetter Features - Caruso Professional Ion Steamsetter
From the box with my comments in parenthesis:
- Ion Technology Creates 3x the Steam
- Steam Conditions as it Curls
- Rated No. 1 by Professional Stylists
- Curls last for days (unless you have fine limp straight hair like me and then after sleeping on them, they aren't really curls, but do add body and volume)
- For All Hair Types (even hard to curl hair like mine!)
Other Versions of the Caruso Steam Curlers - I own the Ion Steam and the travel set, both are great!
This smaller unit doesn't have the ion steam, but I find it just as effective. I purchased mine well over 6 years ago and it's still a work horse.
The Ion setting can be turned on or off. You will hear a loud clicking sound when Ion is on. I honestly don't see the difference with or without this setting. But some swear by it.
How to Use the Rollers - Straight from the box
- Soft foam rollers are infused with gentle, ionic steamed moisture.
- Hair is wrapped around the infused roller and covered with a shield.
- Patented roller and shield design creates even moisture penetration, allowing quick evaporation. Or speed the process with a hair dryer.
- Gentle, even moisture penetrates hair's inner molecular core, allowing it to relax and bend.
- Moisture evaporates, setting hair in a curled position.
- The strong molecular hold can only be released by shampooing. Since there is no damaging heat, you can use the Caruso Professional Molecular Ionic Steam Hair-setter as often as you like. (not true for me, the curls fall out while sleeping)
Extra Rollers - If you prefer to use just one size, you'll need to buy extra
You get a lot of rollers with the steam unit, but if you prefer to use all one size or you have a ton of hair you may find you need some extra rollers. I purchased extra in the Jumbo and Large sizes for creating waves.
If you have long or thick hair, you will probably want extra curlers. I like to use the large and jumbo sizes best on my long hair. It adds volume with some wave.
Various tutorials on YouTube - Lots of people testing out the Caruso Steam Rollers
Caruso Steam Rollers on eBay - Snag a great deal
Older models used salt and some swear they are the way to go. I don't like the idea of using salt and my newer model works great without it.
Answer a Curl Survey
Photo Credit: Nibbled.
What do you get the best curl with?
Thank you for checking out my hair roller lens!