- Fashion and Beauty»
- Body Art, Tattoos & Piercing
celebrity tattoos - [angelina jolie ]
history of angelina jolie's tattoos
Angelina Jolie undoubtily one of Hollywood's hottest women. Her facial features are glamorous, and her acting is superb. Shes dating one of Hollywood's hottest men, and mothering six children (with more on the way, I'm sure). Shes a humanitarian and a globe trotter with a shaky past. But one thing that has always stuck with her has been her multiple tattoos through out the years she has gotten, and by the looks of it, theres no stopping this woman when it comes to putting a needle to the skin.
Some of Angelina's tattoos she had and got removedcovered are:
- "Billy Bob", with a dragon around the name. It was the name of her former husband Billy Bob Thornton, on her left arm
- Japanese character for courage - which matched a tattoo of her first husband Jonny Lee Miller, now covered by the Tennessee Williams quote.
- Japanese character for death, - now covered by the prayer for her son on her back/shoulder blade.
- An unidentified tattoo both Thornton & Jolie shared. It was on her right forearm, now covered by the "strength of will" tattoo.
- A dragon she got in Amsterdam while drunk, now covered by the Latin cross.
- A small window on her lower back.
Some of Angelina's tattoos, she has either kept or added onto. One of her more well known ones are the longitude and latitude of her six children (Maddox, Shiloh, Z, Pax, & the twins)
. The lower case letter "h" - on the inside of her left wrist. (for her brother, James Haven)
. "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages" - on her left forearm.
. "XIII" (number 13 in Roman numerals) - on her left forearm.
. Longitude and latitude coordinates representing the locations where she adopted Maddox (N11Ã‚Â° 33' 00" E104Ã‚Â° 51' 00"),
Zahara (N09Ã‚Â° 02' 00" E038Ã‚Â° 45' 00")
Pax (N10Ã‚Â° 46' 00" E106Ã‚Â° 41' 40")
and where her and Brad Pitt's children were born at;
Shiloh (S22Ã‚Â° 40' 26" E014Ã‚Â° 31' 40")
& twins Vivienne & Knox (N43Ã‚Â° 41' 21" E07Ã‚Â° 14' 28")
on her left arm which cover up her "Billy Bob" tattoo.
. (Arabic for "strength of will") on her right forearm.
. "Quod me nutrit me destruit" (Latin for "What nourishes me also destroys me") several inches below her navel
. A tilted Latin cross on the lower left of her abdomen.
. "Know your rights" just under her neck between her shoulders.
. A prayer of Buddhist Sanskrit symbols for her son Maddox on her left shoulder which covers up the old Japanese "death" tattoo.
. A large Asian tiger on her back.
. A dragon under the tiger.
. Two pointy black tribal designs on the lower part of her back.
. The letter "M"on the palm of her hand for her deceased mother Marcheline Bertrand