- Fashion and Beauty
Straighten Your Hair Perfectly
Different Ways To Straighten Your Hair Perfectly
I have very, very straight hair and I am always trying to put some body into it. My friend at uni had the opposite - very curly hair that just had a mind of it's own! She used to spend a lot of time blow drying her hair just to try to get it manageable.
To be honest, there is no point in having an awesome outfit but an awful hairstyle. You want to have the complete look!
These days there is such a wide range of hair styling tools and products to create beautiful shiny straight hair with much less effort.
Salon treatments such as Japanese straightening or Brazilian straightening can last for weeks to months but are costly.
Alternative methods for straightening your hair include:
Blow Drying with a round brush
Chemical straightening (make sure thay do not contain formaldehyde)
Hair straightening Products
You may want to experiment with some of these options to see what works best for you.
Straightener For Hair
How To Choose And Use A Flat Iron
To get perfectly straight hair using a flat iron, you need to:
1. Select the right size flat iron for your hair. For short (fine or thick hair) use a narrow half-an-inch to one-inch thick plates which allows you to iron smaller sections at a time. For long (thick or fine) hair, use a broader one-and-a-half inch to two-inch plate.
2. Make sure it is not too heavy.
3. Use the right heat setting for your hair type and texture. Try and choose a flat iron with a variable heat setting.
4. Ceramic, Tourmaline or Titanium flat irons cause less hair damage as they heat evenly.
5. Make sure you use the right products for your hair in preparation for using a flat iron, for example, shampoo, conditioner and protection mousse or cream or oil.
6. Research and find the best technique that suits you, is the most efficient way of straightening and produces the best results.
7. Clean your iron after use to remove any product buildup.
How To Curl Your Hair With A Straightener
Curl Your Hair Straightener
Using A Straightener Or Curling Iron
It may sound odd to be using a flat iron designed for straightening hair to curl hair, but how I wish they were around when I was a teenager!
To create smooth bouncy curls or sexy waves, use a flat iron with a rounded edge such as the Chi Farouk flat iron. You need to have shoulder length hair or longer to use a straightener for curling hair. A tip: do not wash your hair directly before curling.
Or you may find a curling iron is better for your hair length and texture. The Remington Curling Wand has a conical barrel that tapers towards the end. This creates larger curls at the top and smaller ones near the end. It comes with a heat protective glove to prevent any fingers getting burnt. It also has an auto shut-off after 60 minutes, which is great for someone like me - worrying whether I turned everything off! It has a 4 year warranty.
Alternatively, the Conair Curling Brush has 25 heat settings to suit all hair types, a turbo heat boost feature that styles without damaging hair and it heats up in 60 seconds. In addition it has an auto shut-off and dual voltage for traveling.
The variety of choices in ways to straighten or curl your hair makes it easier to find one that will suit your hair and you.
Make Your Hair Straight
Using Different Methods
Straighten hair without heat: Lineaire Professional Keratin HOME USE Hair Straightener Cream is available for regular and colored hair and for bleached hair. It does not contain harmful chemicals and is enriched with nourishing oils, giving you straight, shiny and healthy hair.
The Â Infiniti by Conair Pro Styler has a rotating barrel and a tourmaline ionic ceramic plate and comes with 2 removable bristle brush attachments. It straightens, gives your hair bounce and can be used to create curls as well. Get straight shiny hair the easy way with this versatile styler.
The Remington Wet2Straight Straightening Iron can be used on wet or dry hair and is available in a 1 inch or 2 inch width. It has digital controls with 30 heat settings, heats up in 30 seconds and has an auto shutoff after 60 minutes. The different heat settings allows you to find the right heat setting for your hair.